Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No possesion.

Can't understand why the defense wern't putting more pressure on the Everton players neither, it was like they had been told to do few pressure.

Something we can put in about any players thread now.

I like KDB but there is a real issue. He seems to lack the physicality to be effective against a side that presses. In this league you need to be able to be physical. I don't think I've ever seen him make a slide tackle. It's a real issue and he may never get near his Wolfsburg form because he's simply not suited to this league.

I can't help but think,Dzeko would of been more than grateful of a few of Kevs crosses.
Think he'd of filled his boots......IMO.

I like KDB but there is a real issue. He seems to lack the physicality to be effective against a side that presses. In this league you need to be able to be physical. I don't think I've ever seen him make a slide tackle. It's a real issue and he may never get near his Wolfsburg form because he's simply not suited to this league.

Aguero scored less than him this year and he's not exactly mr tough neither. Lets say that for KDB's lack of physicallity he luckily isn't made of glass neither.

Aguero scored less than him this year and he's not exactly mr tough neither. Lets say that for KDB's lack of physicallity he luckily isn't made of glass neither.

Aguero can atleast push back and there are many examples of him getting stuck in.

KdB seems genuinely afraid of making an actual tackle or going shoulder to shoulder with a player. For all his strengths, it's imperative that you are able to be physical in this league.

This, right here, is ridiculous!

Aguero can atleast push back and there are many examples of him getting stuck in.

KdB seems genuinely afraid of making an actual tackle or going shoulder to shoulder with a player. For all his strengths, it's imperative that you are able to be physical in this league.

This, right here, is ridiculous!

Perhaps you have a point, but you should atleast then concede that i have a point as well regarding Ageurro getting injured/being out half the season so fare whereas KDB has been playing and scoring for many games. I can agree to fair arguments but don't be sellective now.

Perhaps you have a point, but you should atleast then concede that i have a point as well regarding Ageurro getting injured all the time whereas KDB has been playing and scoring for many games. I can agree to fair arguments but don't be sellective now.

But then we're talking about two different things. It's really the willingness to get stuck in that annoys me. Aguero gets injured, but I can't criticise him for that, it's out of his control. KdB, on the other hand, simply isn't willing or is afraid of getting stuck in and that's a criticism. He plays best when teams don't press him which so happens to be at home but away from home, when players do press further up and put pressure, he can't do well. It's a massive issue and may highlight that he isn't suited to this league.

So so over rated. He's a slick player at times but 50+ million pounds for him is criminal.

Looks like a total wimp. He looks like he wouldn't fancy an 80-20 challenge in his favour against an under 9s player.

Another poor away game from him tonight too.

Is it me, or does he just not really suit our team that much despite being a decent player with loads of good touches and passes in his game?

Last edited by a moderator:
But then we're talking about two different things.

No we arn't. This argument started with the supposed notion that KDB wasn't up for the physicallity of this league. How people come up with that for a player who scored 10 and made another 10 assists is beyond me. Maybe he isn't the most agressive tackler, but it seems a pretty ignorant statement to me to say that he isn't cut out for this league with those stats in mind. In that sense the comparison to Aguero seemed more than valid to me.

And were stil taking about offensive wingers here. This is about the last spot on a pitch where you are supposed to find physicallity. But if a "weak" winger is bancing and providing, what else matters? Oh yes consistency away from home, that i can agree too, just don't forget to apply youre standards to the rest of the team too and start with the most egregrious cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.