Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point a ball came out to him from a corner and he just put his arms out to protect himself rather than challenge for the ball....It was like watching the zombies run past the sick kid in World War Z

Last edited:
So so over rated. He's a slick player at times but 50+ million pounds for him is criminal.

Lets see how fast city gets their money back when putting him for sale. Would anyone want to pay good money for the assist king of 2015?

Here's my hint to our Kev, if MC gives him too much shit regardless of what he has contribute so far, leave for better pastures and don't look back. For if you guys don't want him around then it's a win win for everyone right? Anyone would want to wager what sort of teams he could pretty much start tommorow for?

Last edited:
No we arn't. This argument started with the supposed notion that KDB wasn't up for the physicallity of this league. How people come up with that for a player who scored 10 and made another 10 assists is beyond me. Maybe he isn't the most agressive tackler, but it seems a pretty ignorant statement to me to say that he isn't cut out for this league with those stats in mind. In that sense the comparison to Aguero seemed more than valid to me.

And were stil taking about offensive wingers here. This is about the last spot on a pitch where you are supposed to find physicallity. But if a "weak" winger is bancing and providing, what else matters? Oh yes consistency away from home, that i can agree too, just don't forget to apply youre standards to the rest of the team too and start with the most egregrious cases.

We are talking about different things. I'm talking about a willingness to get 'stuck in' while you're referring to injuries which doesn't tell me either way whether somebody is willing to get physical.

Those stats are great, but against sides that press he struggles. It's just a fact. That's the reason why his performance aren't as good away from home. He's a great player but without the physicality he just won't ever be amazing against high-pressure sides. And it does matter. KdB plays as a winger that comes inside and can drop deep, he is basically the first line of defence. If he got stuck in, then a number of the attacks against us would've been broken down. We shouldn't be signing players that physcially aren't strong enough.

Don't think anyone's advocating selling him but there is no denying he's not the bravest.

Won't deny that. don't think he's the exception at that for a winger neither. If this thread was all fair arguments i wouldn't object so much and we could rationally look at what points he needs to improve, but i don't think he deserve's the shitstorm for tonight.

We shouldn't be signing players that physcially aren't strong enough.

Then lets do Kev a favour and sell, for i think he could shine for plenty of top teams withought needing to be a physical winger with strong agression. here i'm not denying that the PL is rather physical, but neither is it the norm of top leagues and teams that their wingers should be.

Won't deny that. don't think he's the exception at that for a winger neither. If this thread was all fair arguments i wouldn't object so much and we could rationally look at what points he needs to improve, but i don't think he deserve's the shitstorm for tonight.
Why not ? he get's the accolades when he plays well but by fuck he was poor tonight,granted he wasn't the only one but this is his thread. Over on the other threads there are several other players getting it too.

Why not ? he get's the accolades when he plays well but by fuck he was poor tonight,granted he wasn't the only one but this is his thread. Over on the other threads there are several other players getting it too.

Mind you, i was one to say that he would have lesser days too when people were all drooling and calling him better than Silva after he played 5 matches. If i personally can be more nuanced than others in the good days, can i be so too in the bad days? Or do i need to conform to a city culture where it's all praises high to the sky with a win and a fecies throwing fest when not?

We are talking about different things.

We were talking regarding physicallity and suitabillety for this league, you started the argument with this:

he's simply not suited to this league.

Which seems to me a difficult proposition for a player that bagged 10 and assisted 10 halfway trough the season while many other of our best players have been sidelined with injury's. Again i can agree that he isn't the most physical, but thats a different arguement too than youre notion that he's not "fit for this league".

OMG! We have paid more than £50M for the biggest loser ever in the EPL. We should sell him for £20M asap! This kid destroys our football. Before he came in the team, we won everything. And now we lose games, so it can only be his fault! This guy isn't even good enough for Wolfsburg, Wolfsburg fans are laughing with the large present we gave to their team. Wolfsburg is so much better now without him and we play worse.

Wolfsburg is doing better now in the Champions League than last season. Maybe because this overrated sh*t player is gone, so their players are tackling now to get the ball! DE BRUYNE OUT! DE BRUYNE OUT!

De Bruyne and Otamendi two of Europe's finest last season. 20 games under Manuel and they both look ropey (just like every player in the squad) yet our fans think they are shit.

Just like Boateng who was also "shit" according to our fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.