Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, when Silva played on the left, many were often critical for him not covering our left flank enough.

Silva is a worker and he won't shirk a tackle in most cases but everyone can see how improved we are with Sterling out there. Many a full back will be hesitant to push on alongside their winger with Sterling there, one because he can outpace most in the premier league going back and two because they are scared he will break right back out them if we win the ball.

I would leave Silva in the middle, he is finally given a run of games in his best position and he is coming into the prime of his career. De Bruyne will be on the right on paper but we all know how interchangeable that front 4 is.

No issues for me.

Silva started most of our games last season on the right and had his best season. We'll see the best of Silva regardless of where he plays. At this stage, we don't know how effective KDB is on the right compared to the centre so I wouldn't want to take the chance.

Really don't want Merlin moved wide! Has been phenomenal so far this season in a central position! Surely de Bruyne will play right to start with where he can use his passing and crossing ability to the max

Hi Guys, congrats on signing KDB. I'm a big fan of Kev since the first game I saw him play for Genk at the age of 18.
I can give you my view on KDB.

When he left Genk for Chelsea KDB's problem was that he couldn't dose his energy. He was in love with the ball and wanted to be everywhere, after 70minutes his game was practically over.
Another weak point was his strength and heading. He just hated heading and was easily put aside in duels.

In Bremen and Wolfsburg KDB became a lot stronger. His vision and long balls has always been phenomenal, Hecking gave him a free attacking role providing the team with lots of assists and goals.
You can compare KDB with a high tech submarine: his radar notices teammates extremely quickly followed by sharp torpedo's splitting through opponent defenses. For example yesterday quick pass to Mertens for Belgium.

Coming to Man City is a huge challenge for KDB, he proved to deliver tons of goals and assists (Genk,Bremen,Wolfsburg) in a team where he was the playmaker and recieved a lot of confidence. In Man City he will need to find his place between Silva, Nasri, Sterling and Navas which will need some time. I hope MP puts him in a central role where he will get lots of ball contacts but he will definitely need a couple of games to now where he is positioned best. After this period, i'm sure you will all love him.

Did you know he also has a clothing line in Belgium? https://www.culteleven.com/2_kdb

Sorry for my basic English, hope you appreciate my contribution.
Fantastic post and very well written! Really insightful, thanks

I personally think he'll be subed on for navas 60-70th mins, what does everyone else think?..

I personally think he'll be subed on for navas 60-70th mins, what does everyone else think?..

It's highly doubtful that he will start. Not only has Navas been playing well but at the very least it would be irresponsible on the part of MP to throw him at the deep end without having any prior training sessions with his teammates. This is especially true against palace, a team that has so far been playing very well.

I'd actually start Narsi after his impressive cameo last week. Navas hasnt done a whole lot wrong for us recently but he was rather mediocre v Watford last week & Palace are a tough outfit therefore I hope Pellers doesn't do the predictable & start with same exact lineup again. KDB to come on last 10-15mins.

Hart
Sagna Komps Mangala Kolarov
Ferny Y.Toure
Nasri Silva Sterling
Aguero

It has to be the same line up to start. Poor Navas is the boo boy l know but he's started the season great and deserves his starting place ahead of Nasri and KDB.

Same side for me, nagas done nothing wrong and Kevin can feel he can walk straight into the team. Be on the bench for next 3 games with 20 min cameos assuming navas level of performance stays as it is

Its not unlike the situation when we signed Nasri late in the window in 2011. He went straight into the team against Spurs and we did rather well.

50/50 for me whether he starts. Depends on his physical condition how much disruption he's had this last week, how he trains on Thurs/Fri.

We are going to change a winning team. Its just a question of how quickly we do it. Ideally I think MP would want him to have at least 60 mins under his belt before the Juve game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.