Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argument seems completely redundant to me as they play totally different styles.

KdB will most likely be a better fantasy footballer than Silva for the fact that he's often the one providing the assist or the goal. So if you look at it from a purely numerical & quantitative point of view without watching the matches you would say KdB is playing the better stuff.

However Silva is the absolute king of the assist-of-the-assist, he unlocks defences like no other player in the PL with phenomenal consistency & has done for years now for us. On top of that he's the best dictator of play in the league - another thing that won't show up in statistics, and our best player at possession football.

We now have a player who can provide an incredible amount of assists/goals in KdB, and a player who can find him to provide those assists/goals & dictate a game in Silva.

They are absolutely not like-for-like players, but on paper & from what we've seen so far they absolutely should compliment each other beautifully.

I for one don't give a crap who's the "better" player, I'm just rejoicing we have 2 of the best players in the league together & can't wait to see them link up once again when Silva is fit.

Argument seems completely redundant to me as they play totally different styles.

KdB will most likely be a better fantasy footballer than Silva for the fact that he's often the one providing the assist or the goal. So if you look at it from a purely numerical & quantitative point of view without watching the matches you would say KdB is playing the better stuff.

However Silva is the absolute king of the assist-of-the-assist, he unlocks defences like no other player in the PL with phenomenal consistency & has done for years now for us. On top of that he's the best dictator of play in the league - another thing that won't show up in statistics, and our best player at possession football.

We now have a player who can provide an incredible amount of assists/goals in KdB, and a player who can find him to provide those assists/goals & dictate a game in Silva.

They are absolutely not like-for-like players, but on paper & from what we've seen so far they absolutely should compliment each other beautifully.

I for one don't give a crap who's the "better" player, I'm just rejoicing we have 2 of the best players in the league together & can't wait to see them link up once again when Silva is fit.

Totally agree with this.

De Bruyne will appeal more to the Youtube generation, the Fantasy Football managers, the casual MOTD watcher. Silva appeals more to the footballing purist who go to the games and watch him play every week.

They're both brilliant players who I'm glad we have. But there's only one of them who should currently be in the conversation about the best player ever to play for the club. The other one has only played 7 games.

Arguing over him being our greatest ever player after 8 games, how bizarre.

Pointless argument, theres plenty of players in the current team ahead of him in that regard.

Questions like these are pointless - of course Silva has done more for City (that is so obvious - or did you expect KDB to score 40 and assist 60 in his first 9 City games?), and hopefully will continue to do so for many years to come. Who cares who is the 'biggest'? The players don't! They are very different and complementary players, and I can't wait to see more of them together on the pitch - it can only be good for City! Pretty sure KDB revels in being able to play with Silva (and Aguero, and Yaya...) - it's what every good attacking football player dreams of. And remember how many people doubted this ginger kid was PL material, let alone be worth so much money? I think he's doing just fine, and will only improve.

I really don't think what Dax said was really that bad if I'm honest, nobody can argue that in terms of stats and how quickly he has seemingly settled in since his arrival is impressive, if he was to keep these kind of stats up over the next few years then he would quite rightly be talked as one of our greatest players.
Dude, I am quite confused by Shael's response. It seems he has decided I said something I didn't say, and thus, I must be an idiot for something he believes I said, that i actually didn't say. It' is quite the conundrum I must say. :) Now he wants to know if my knowledge of City comes from playing Nintendo or something of that sort. I just can't figure it out.

Spanish dave was and is the best playmaker in city and in pl, Comparing debruyne and silva with eachother is not fair to both of them as they are different players, and we will know when both will play 4 to 5 games together consistently, that how equally important they both are for the team, one good thing for us though debruyne will reduce the much needed work load of creativity on silva which he has been doing impavibly for years now

Mate, I'm not being rude, but can you and the poster above answer me an honest question - have you ever been to The Etihad to watch City? Or have you watch a full City game on TV? Or is your relationship with the club more on computer games and social media? Serious question.
No mate, it's not a serious question. It is a silly one. Rather than focus on irrelevancies, how about we zero in on the facts of my statements and you can point out what you disagree with.

Simple question, did Silva have a better start to his time at City? Sure, this is an opinion based answer. But rather than asking me what games was Kevin good in, perhaps you should ask yourself how good was Silva in his first 8 games for City. If you conclude he was better than Kev in his first 8 , then we have a difference in opinion. I think Kev's start was better. But these needless insinuations you keep making, seem to me like an attempt to evade the crux of my claim.

The only claim in my original post was that Kev in my opinion has had the best start to his City career in the Sheikh era. Everything else was simply a hopeful projection of what could be and what it may mean. That you concluded anything else from my post is on you. And I already pointed out what games Kev did well in, in his start. Fill free to counter with Silva's best games in his 1st couple of months.

No mate, it's not a serious question. It is a silly one. Rather than focus on irrelevancies, how about we zero in on the facts of my statements and you can point out what you disagree with.

Simple question, did Silva have a better start to his time at City? Sure, this is an opinion based answer. But rather than asking me what games was Kevin good in, perhaps you should ask yourself how good was Silva in his first 8 games for City. If you conclude he was better than Kev in his first 8 , then we have a difference in opinion. I think Kev's start was better. But these needless insinuations you keep making, seem to me like an attempt to evade the crux of my claim.

The only claim in my original post was that Kev in my opinion has had the best start to his City career in the Sheikh era. Everything else was simply a hopeful projection of what could be and what it may mean. That you concluded anything else from my post is on you. And I already pointed out what games Kev did well in, in his start. Fill free to counter with Silva's best games in his 1st couple of months.

So reading between the lines of your post, I'm going to assume you've never been to a game, which, no disrespect, it makes it harder to have a reasonable and educated debate with you about who is City's greatest ever player if you are relying on Opta stats and Youtube clips. Football is a little more subtle and complex than that.

You did offer some games, but as soon as I saw Sevilla, I stopped taking you seriously. De Bruyne was very poor in that game. He scored an absolutely terrific, important goal. But his all round play for 89 minute was poor. But I'm sure you couldn't tell that from the Youtube clips.

Totally agree with this.

De Bruyne will appeal more to the Youtube generation, the Fantasy Football managers, the casual MOTD watcher. Silva appeals more to the footballing purist who go to the games and watch him play every week.

They're both brilliant players who I'm glad we have. But there's only one of them who should currently be in the conversation about the best player ever to play for the club. The other one has only played 7 games.
Actually Debryune wouldn't appeal to the YouTube generation. It is why many weren't sure he was worth it. His greatest quality is the drive to produce consistently. The heart to stand up when the chips are down, to play harder when the competition seems better. He is never satisfied. There is a reason why Belgians often rate him over Hazard who was named best player in the Prem last year. Yes, his stats may jump out at you, and this might be great for fantasy football. But he is above all a producer for his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.