Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he comes good. If anything he looks a bit less confident these last couple of games and a spell out might not be a bad thing.
His pace, skill and great balance should be a real asset to us and given his youth I can't imagine he isn't going to improve enormously with the right attitude and coaching.

Think we have seen both ends of the spectrum with Raheem, so we know he has good performances in his locker. I do feel Kolo overlapping makes him a little uneasy and maybe if he was left the space, he could do more.

Have groaned at times with him, as most on here probably have, but he is a real asset and, like a fine wine.....

quality player and will improve learning from the best. People seem to forget that young players develop at different time levels, example being de bruyne is a better player right now than sterling

that doesn't mean that sterling over the course of season wont improve and get to de bruyne's level

We knew what we were getting when we bought Sterling and he was bought for the long haul.

Last edited:
Hes using Kolarov too much at times. Seems like he feels he needs to use the overlap but really at times he should do what he wants and cut inside. Don't want him to lose his directness because he feels he needs to pass to someone else. Use the decoy and go for it himself more.

Big game for him tomorrow night. Time to rise to the occasion, stand up and be counted.

No more passing the buck, have some courage lead from the front. Show the world why we went to the lengths we did to bring him here, show the world his ambition that brought him here and the desire to light up this stage.

Big game for everyone really, have to turn around these shit few weeks, and it's about time we got going in the Champions League again.

We can still win the group, and if we do that we'd answer a lot of our critics and raise our profile in Europe. An easier tie in the last 16 would await as well.

Must deliver tomorrow.

And I'd say the blind praise for his performances and complete denial that he (so far) from his time at Liverpool, City and England combined looks like anything other than an average pacey winger, is verging on Dzeko Bosnia fanboy status.

There is no agenda against the bloke. He's getting criticism where Aguero, Toure and others are too. There's no arguing he gives us something 'different' but so far the negatives of that 'different' are far outweighing the positives.

Again with the age argument, it's just a shame that Jo, Boyata and Savic didn't receive the same kind of support. Nobody seemed arsed when they were getting slated on a daily basis.

I sincerely hope he turns it around and starts to justify his lunatic transfer fee (admittedly not his fault), but until he does, then he'll get the criticism he's due. It's hardly unsubstantiated.

When he was taken off against Juve and West Ham how many chances did we, as a team create?

It's funny, if Lloris hadn't pulled off that save against him on Saturday the mood in this thread would be a lot different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.