Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we started the season so well he looked the part, nothing spectacular but gave us the threat and pace that caused teams lots of problems. Over the last few games our play has slowed down which hasn't helped raheem. He is getting the ball with teams parked and then tries to much and loses it more times than not. On Saturday he got the ball with his back to goal and walker right up his backside, what else could he have done but come back or else try something and lose it. His poorer performances have coincidently came when silva has been out. Silva slides the ball inside the full backs giving raheem the service he needs and what he is best at.the main issue I have had with his performances so far is his finishing but again In time it should and hopefully will get to the required standard. The lad is still young and no doubt will be a great player for us but we also need to help him.

I watched the extended highlights of the Spurs game And didn't see the whole match but there were still good things. He seem to be the one who had the most chances or involved in the most of our good points. Drew a few decent saves from lloris and kolarov should of done better when he slid him in. Okay his shooting was poor but I'm sure in the not too distant future hell be scoring frequently.

Him and de bruyne seem more at home with counter attacking football. I'd like to see that tonight. Allow gladbach to have the ball until they get near out 18 box then win ball back and break on them. Won't happen tho we'll be in their half passing aimlessly around the box until we lose it and they break or score from a set piece

Confident he'll come good. Saying that, he's done well since he's been here, just lacking a bit of confidence at the moment. De Bruyne seems like nothing gets to him, slots in, very confident, gets about it. Raheem i think is a lot more nervous and aware of the pressure on him. You can tell, as he's not taking the chances we've seen him do in the past for England and Liverpool. That will come tho, when team confidence improves, and he settles down, and when Silva is back and Aguero firing again, he'll grow, and start terrorising defences... Teams tend to double up on quality attacking threats... let them try when we have Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne & Aguero... Can't wait!!

I do worry about his finishing. To win things, you need cutting edge. I know people say it will come in time but I'm not so sure. He doesn't strike the ball too well when he is passing or shooting. If he hasn't mastered the art of making a clean connection with the ball now, I'm not sure he ever will.

It's weird because regardless of what I think about his finishing ability and lack of clean ball striking, there is still something about him that makes me think he is an excellent signing.

I think the level of abuse he's received, and continues to receive, is probably the main distraction/problem for him at the moment.

It's absolutely ridiculous what he's having to put up with and he needs more support from us than any other player.

All you have to do is read the comments on his Instagram account to see how vile some people really are, and I imagine being called the n-word and other horrendous insults is pretty hard to deal with at 20 years old.

He'd be better just cancelling all of his social media and concentrate on nothing but family and football.

I think the level of abuse he's received, and continues to receive, is probably the main distraction/problem for him at the moment.

It's absolutely ridiculous what he's having to put up with and he needs more support from us than any other player.

All you have to do is read the comments on his Instagram account to see how vile some people really are, and I imagine being called the n-word and other horrendous insults is pretty hard to deal with at 20 years old.

He'd be better just cancelling all of his social media and concentrate on nothing but family and football.
but he surely knew what the reaction would be leaving dippers, especially for domestic "rival". suarez got dogs abuse when he tried to force a move to Arsenal, Torres also got abuse when he moved to Chelsea...

but he surely knew what the reaction would be leaving dippers, especially for domestic "rival". suarez got dogs abuse when he tried to force a move to Arsenal, Torres also got abuse when he moved to Chelsea...

Of course he did, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. The players mentioned are all totally different characters too, so to compare the situations doesn't mean anything.

I'm sure he'll come through it but I'm also pretty sure that 95% of people would be affected in some way by the abuse.

A bit of TLC and patience with Raheem will pay dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.