Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's probably a moot point because we have Silva and De Bruyne who can both play there but does anyone else think that Sterling's best position is actually No 10? I feel like we are limiting his game by playing him on the wing. He has 2 options: play a safe pass back to Kolarov or cut inside and pass to Silva. He doesn't seem confident enough to try and beat his man whereas if he played more centrally he could just run at defences and choose whether to go left or right. In the 2nd half against Watford he looked a constant danger and the opposing defenders looked scared of him. Obviously he is not on Messi's planet right now but that is who he reminds me of from the little I have seen him playing as a number 10 for us and for Liverpool. I don't think we are seeing the best of him because he doesn't have as much license to express himself. I am hoping that the more time Sterling, Silva and De Bruyne play together and gain an understanding they will all be able to interchange seamlessly through the match so that we can see the best of all 3. Could be a deadly front 4 if we get it right.

No time to read previous posts mate. I didn't state yesterday was his best game in a City-shirt. And thanks for the spelling-lesson. Sure your Dutch is as good as my English. Never mind that, we both have a nice day. City won yesterday. All that matters in the end.

My Dutch is non-existent, but that doesn't mean you don't need to temper the tone of your posts and stop making assumptions

Either you are completely blinded by the fact you feel the need to defend an English player and one that we took from Liverpool, or you are taking the mick. I know loads of Cityfans standing around me yesterday will ask themselves the same question towards your opinion.

Going with the fact you are blinded it's really no use stating my opinion, as you seem thrilled by a player that is scared to have a go at is opponent, runs around hiding, and prefers to risklessly laying balls back or sideways. Yes his opponent got booked for a foul on him. It was the one or two times from maybe 4 attemps to go pass his opponent. In 90 minutes. Brilliant. Yes he put in 2 or 3 crosses that actually we were worth chasing. In 90 minutes. Fantastic.

I don't slagg the player (I do slagg your opinion) because he's 20, City is a new club to him, he can't help we overpayed. And he has had a few good games for us. Better than yesterday. But so far he's not worth anything near what City paid for him, neither was he when playing for Liverpool. I and many others hope he will bring it to us, actually I believe he can because the talent is there. That's how far it goes for me right now.

what he said.
Fuck me, I've spent the last 30 seconds wondering why the fuck you're talking about Kolo Toure.

thank fuck for that. Thought i was going senile..

5 mins in, away from home in the Champions League, perfectly weighted ball. We are being told all the time how important everything is, well that was it. Aguero scores & a proper Champions League side just tightens up & picks off the oppo on the break.

Yes, that was his job done. He had to do it again & get slagged off by Robbie fucking Savage, because, again, someone else failed to take advantage of his match winning assist.

Well I expect more from the lad than one relatively straightforward key pass all night personally, so I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Your expectations of him are very low.

not having any criticism of sterling after last night. not going to say it was a brilliant performance but he created chances, which is his job as a winger. don't really know what people expect from him if that performance is getting slated.

not having any criticism of sterling after last night. not going to say it was a brilliant performance but he created chances, which is his job as a winger. don't really know what people expect from him if that performance is getting slated.

Exactly right mate, and I'm saying that as someone who's been somewhat underwhelmed by him up until now. He did a decent job last night

I think his lack of risk taking May be down to Pellegrini's instructions.

I used to watch him try things at Liverpool that often went wrong and I thought he wouldn't be allowed to do that for us.

We are all about possession and risk taking often ends up in losing it so it may not all be down to him. I don't think he has got the balance right though. Takes the easy option too often.

I think his lack of risk taking May be down to Pellegrini's instructions.

I used to watch him try things at Liverpool that often went wrong and I thought he wouldn't be allowed to do that for us.

We are all about possession and risk taking often ends up in losing it so it may not all be down to him. I don't think he has got the balance right though. Takes the easy option too often.

I can see some logic in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.