Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played one good square ball and that's his job done for the night?

Okay mate.

Still getting in key areas and wasting chances.

Wasted a key break not long after.

5 mins in, away from home in the Champions League, perfectly weighted ball. We are being told all the time how important everything is, well that was it. Aguero scores & a proper Champions League side just tightens up & picks off the oppo on the break.

Yes, that was his job done. He had to do it again & get slagged off by Robbie fucking Savage, because, again, someone else failed to take advantage of his match winning assist.

This^^ looks like he's been told to wait for the overlap so that puts him in 2 minds straight away as at Liverpool he was he had one intention go at the defender

Have a look at what his options are if he does what you are suggesting though ie: the same options Navas has ie 0. For Liverpool he had Suarez & Sturridge.

I thought he was fine last night, though I do admit he's not dribbling as much as I thought he would at City. We don't want him to be a Nasri.

Have a look at what his options are if he does what you are suggesting though ie: the same options Navas has ie 0. For Liverpool he had Suarez & Sturridge.

he doesnt need to do it (wait for kolo) every time, mix it up a bit and keep the defenders on their toes. he constantly waits for the overlap though. raheem running into the box at speed will get 5 pens at least every season and 10 assists, he is too quick for defenders.

we have been successful early in the season with the kolo overlap, but teams know what to expect now, so mixing things up is the only way to keep raheems and citys attacking edge.

This^^ looks like he's been told to wait for the overlap so that puts him in 2 minds straight away as at Liverpool he was he had one intention go at the defender
Agree. My only qualm with him currently. Don't buy into the "he's rubbish". He's brought something to the team that we needed. But in pre-season he was just running at people and causing havoc - whereas now it looks like he has the chance to & just waits for Kolarov to run past him.

His strength is his dribbling & pace, hopefully as he gets more settled he becomes more comfortable trying this - defenders will be much more scared of him running into the box than him waiting for an overlap from Kolarov.

Either you are completely blinded by the fact you feel the need to defend an English player and one that we took from Liverpool, or you are taking the mick. I know loads of Cityfans standing around me yesterday will ask themselves the same question towards your opinion.

Going with the fact you are blinded it's really no use stating my opinion, as you seem thrilled by a player that is scared to have a go at is opponent, runs around hiding, and prefers to risklessly laying balls back or sideways. Yes his opponent got booked for a foul on him. It was the one or two times from maybe 4 attemps to go pass his opponent. In 90 minutes. Brilliant. Yes he put in 2 or 3 crosses that actually we were worth chasing. In 90 minutes. Fantastic.

I don't slagg the player (I do slagg your opinion) because he's 20, City is a new club to him, he can't help we overpayed. And he has had a few good games for us. Better than yesterday. But so far he's not worth anything near what City paid for him, neither was he when playing for Liverpool. I and many others hope he will bring it to us, actually I believe he can because the talent is there. That's how far it goes for me right now.

Before you embarrass yourself any further with your assumptions about what I think, I suggest you read the posts I have made previously on this very thread over the last couple of days. All I have said this time is that he was much improved last night, which based on his pretty lamentable offerings in the previous couple of games, he unquestionably was. And slagg (sic) has only got one 'g'. Have a nice day now......

Before you embarrass yourself any further with your assumptions about what I think, I suggest you read the posts I have made previously on this very thread over the last couple of days. All I have said this time is that he was was much improved last night, which based on his pretty lamentable offerings in the previous couple of games, he unquestionably was. And slagg (sic) has only got one 'g'. Have a nice day now......

No time to read previous posts mate. I didn't state yesterday was his best game in a City-shirt. And thanks for the spelling-lesson. Sure your Dutch is as good as my English. Never mind that, we both have a nice day. City won yesterday. All that matters in the end.

We have to be really careful with Sterling. Last season he had the most successful dribbles of any young player in Europe. We then brought him in because pace & the ability to go past a man were something we were lacking.

Now we seem to be coaching him into playing the standard Navas type role, with him taking no risks such as not running at people just in case we give the ball away.

A similar thing happened to SWP when he went to Chelsea. His pace and ability to run at players just wasn't suited to the way Mourinho wanted to play.

he doesnt need to do it (wait for kolo) every time, mix it up a bit and keep the defenders on their toes. he constantly waits for the overlap though. raheem running into the box at speed will get 5 pens at least every season and 10 assists, he is too quick for defenders.

we have been successful early in the season with the kolo overlap, but teams know what to expect now, so mixing things up is the only way to keep raheems and citys attacking edge.
Fuck me, I've spent the last 30 seconds wondering why the fuck you're talking about Kolo Toure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.