Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all worried by him, and don't really get people who seriously are.

He will come good, but if it won't come soon, even that could be acceptable as both Navas and Nasri are great assets to our squad. Not to mention KdB and Silva, of course.

Kolarov isn't helping overlapping every single time Sterling gets the ball.

If we're going to do that all the time we bought the wrong player. We'd have been better off with an Isco type or just using Nasri.

ATM the opposition fullback knows Sterling isn't going to take him on on the outside.

Needs sorting

Totally agree, the only benefit of that is if the left winger cuts in and has a go at goal but Sterling is terrible at that so he is so ineffective because of this.

all he needs to do is use his pace and get pass players then pass to some one or cut inside and shoot, stop stopping and passing backwards

Raheem must have been feeling below par today. Didn't look like he wanted the ball and seemed scared to have a go.

I saw enough in the first four games to see that he can unlock defences on his day, today simply wasn't one of them

just one of those days for Raheem. Agree that Kolarov overlapping is probably affecting him slightly, but he will have to adjust this to his game because it is how we use our LB

remember not all players are the same (mentally) and adjust to change at different levels

Watching that first half again on sky and he wasn't as poor as I thought at the ground.
I thought the same, but he was still poor, that 20 minutes of the second half, will have given him food for thought on how he needs to up his game.

I thought he tried to hard in the first 20 minutes, then gave up, and was rightly subbed. He'll get there, I'm not worried, but a few games watching won't do any harm, I'd start Kelechi before him, if only to challenge his ego, its a pity he's off to lord it with England for the next 10 days, it would be far better if he was in training at City on Monday.

Keep in mind that the kid has made the leap from Liverpool to top class football and needs time to adjust.

I agree, not being as poor as I thought doesn't disguise the fact it wasn't his best day.
I'm happy to see him develop. I think we can make him an all round better player, he just needs to be given a little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.