Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that the kid has made the leap from Liverpool to top class football and needs time to adjust.
I said the same on the way out, its a big step up, he looked like it was easy in pre-season, and the first couple of games, but he hasn't worked out how we play and MP got it right taking him off today (I've been critical previously of MP taking him off). He needs a bit of time to adjust to our team, and when he does he'll be flying.

He was always going to need time.

just needs a arm around him from the players and captain and say look just play your game and it will come
but at the moment he is playing 2 games a week and for a kid it can get to much to play your best all the time little signs are there but when the team is all over the place at the moment little things start to show

maybe a rest from first team football and not on the bench just a good old put your feet up for 2 weeks or go away for some sun on your back and then start again

I know there's a massive price tag here but don't forget there's only a years difference between players like nacho and our other "prospects" and sterling. He's 20 years old! To be where he is right now at 20 is unbelievable. Of course he isn't the finished article but I can't remember many players this promising at 20 and to cap it off he's English. Good times!

He'll have a good performance for England and come back ready for Bournemouth. It's a big adjustment, he'll be fine in time.

Kolarov isn't helping overlapping every single time Sterling gets the ball.

If we're going to do that all the time we bought the wrong player. We'd have been better off with an Isco type or just using Nasri.

ATM the opposition fullback knows Sterling isn't going to take him on on the outside.

Needs sorting

That's the way we play

hope this kid will learn from KDB to improve his awareness, anticipation and first touch. it makes me angry when he's not aware that Aguero is in good position. he always need to take more than 2 touch to pass the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.