Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the dynamic of the team
I think thats been his big impact so far. Not particularly set the world on fire with his individual performances but he is such a threat with his pace that he draws players and cover away from Silva and Kun. I thought last night he didn't look fit and had a poor game but overall he's had a brilliant imapct on the side.

What's he not doing that makes you think this?

Poor touch, lack of awareness, inaccurate passing.

Having said that, it's also clear that he has sufficient ability to hurt teams, he unquestionably gives us better balance and an attacking outlet that we didn't have before, and overall I'm delighted we bought him. In terms of technique he's a long way behind Silva, Kun, Ya Ya, Nasri and even Fernandinho though; albeit that time's on his side

He had a poor game yesterday and the knifes are out, up to now he has been a superb addition to the team sure his finishing could improve but his contribution so far has been great

He had a poor game yesterday and the knifes are out, up to now he has been a superb addition to the team sure his finishing could improve but his contribution so far has been great

Think some of our fans have listened to the dippers ducado!!

Imo he's been excellent so far.

To be fair he had 2 glorious chances last night (very similar ones to) and did the exact same with both, side footing far to close to the keeper.

He needs some direct coaching regarding this and oodles of practice on the training field.

Given our set up and his ability to 'burst' into such positions he'll be getting almost carbon copy chances in every game we play so will need to replicate the practice into reality.

Other than the misses, I felt he played really well last night and linked well with Kolarov and Silva. He also puts in a decent shift defensively which is essential for any top team.

I'm really impressed so far and really pleased with him.

It's rather sad how some posters can slag a player off just because he hasn't had a perfect game. Being unbeaten in the league is not all to do with sterling but he's played a major part in it. They must have it in draft for every single player.

I thought he looked too light weight last night, easily pushed off the ball on several occasions which surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.