Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes he seems to have difficulty in getting his hips open enough to get that little curl on his shot that we saw at Sunderland. That seems to really be his bread in butter as otherwise he seems to struggle at shot placement and often hits it directly at the keeper.

His speed, quickness, balance and agility are all at near superstar levels. His decision making is hit or miss (I put that down to age and more so being new). Because his decision making is iffy, he sometimes sees the play late. He's dribbling skills are slightly above average, his speed and the fear that causes makes him look like a better dribbler than he is. But in tight spaces where he can't run past the defender or feign trying to, he isn't as good of a dribbler. His passing is also average, perhaps the weakest part of his game: it's often telegraphed and debiliberately slow in delivery. He doesn't have the natural passing flow of the average City player ( and I'm not talking Silva, Debryune, Yaya or Nasri here) he is somewhere between Delph and Fernando as a passer of the ball.

All that said, his shiftiness, balance, quickness and speed is so devastating that it covers a lot of his warts. I believe as his weaknesses improve, he will become even more deadly. But right now he is probably best against top teams who will play us straight up, and less effective against teams that seat with 8 back.

Nearly £50m on a player who cant kick a ball properly. You have to laugh really, only us. So, so average.

Players can of course improve over the years so no doubts he can get a lot better but you either have that world beating talent or you dont and he doesnt which makes the price we paid all the more stupid.

Nearly £50m on a player who cant kick a ball properly. You have to laugh really, only us. So, so average.

Congrats on repeating Owen's comments as your own opinion. So weak minded.

He had a good first half and was no worse than anyone else in the second.

Aguero was the worst on the pitch.

If he hadn't been bought for so much money, he'd be in the bench.

Can't play a player for 90 minutes in the hope we will have quick breaks.

Needs shooting practice, and looks a bit lost in our quick fire passing game. His game is running at defenders and, possibly, sliding the ball through for Kolarov. At the moment, he is simply KILLING Kolarov by giving the ball away so much.

His speed, quickness, balance and agility are all at near superstar levels. His decision making is hit or miss (I put that down to age and more so being new). Because his decision making is iffy, he sometimes sees the play late. He's dribbling skills are slightly above average, his speed and the fear that causes makes him look like a better dribbler than he is. But in tight spaces where he can't run past the defender or feign trying to, he isn't as good of a dribbler. His passing is also average, perhaps the weakest part of his game: it's often telegraphed and debiliberately slow in delivery. He doesn't have the natural passing flow of the average City player ( and I'm not talking Silva, Debryune, Yaya or Nasri here) he is somewhere between Delph and Fernando as a passer of the ball.

All that said, his shiftiness, balance, quickness and speed is so devastating that it covers a lot of his warts. I believe as his weaknesses improve, he will become even more deadly. But right now he is probably best against top teams who will play us straight up, and less effective against teams that seat with 8 back.
Good summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.