Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

dobobobo said:
Should Sergio be rested for the Everton match and come on as a sub if needs be?

We've just beaten one bogey team thanks to Kun firing in a bullet and enabling the whole team after his goal to work together in achieving a great win.

Everton still haven't hit any form (in my opinion) thus far this season, but they are also a bogey team. So should Aguero play from the start to take the lead in making sure we win the match? Or, be rested via the subs bench so that he can take the lead in getting the team to beat Roma?

I am in two minds because for me the League will always be the most important thing to win. However, as much as I hate UEFA and their shitty competitions I want City to do their best no matter what competition they are in. In other words next week could be our last match in the Champions League this season, so why not go for it?

If I had to chose, I'd say rest Kun to the subs bench against Everton and have him start against Roma. I know that leaves only options of Pozo and Jovetic up front, but I'd rather see a defensive team performance that gets a result in the League against Everton.

No chance we'll rest him against Everton. We can't afford to. Hopefully we'll take an early lead and be in a position to take him off in the second half. Everton will be a tougher game than Sunderland though.

He has raised his level so much it is making the whole team work harder and play better. He is simply unplayable at the moment easily the worlds best striker.

Re: Rest Sergio for Everton match thus fresh for Roma?

dobobobo said:

We've just beaten one bogey team thanks to Kun firing in a bullet and enabling the whole team after his goal to work together in achieving a great win.

Everton still haven't hit any form (in my opinion) thus far this season, but they are also a bogey team. So should Aguero play from the start to take the lead in making sure we win the match? Or, be rested via the subs bench so that he can take the lead in getting the team to beat Roma?

I am in two minds because for me the League will always be the most important thing to win. However, as much as I hate UEFA and their shitty competitions I want City to do their best no matter what competition they are in. In other words next week could be our last match in the Champions League this season, so why not go for it?

If I had to chose, I'd say rest Kun to the subs bench against Everton and have him start against Roma. I know that leaves only options of Pozo and Jovetic up front, but I'd rather see a defensive team performance that gets a result in the League against Everton.

*Cries*

All I wanted for Christmas was my own topic!

No need for a rest on a matchday when he's not training. With the games coming every 3/4 days just let him play.

dobobobo said:

Someone else posted something like this recently and there was a response about Messi and CRonaldo and my reply was:
"Thats a good point that. Since 2008-09 Messi played 51 53 55 60 50 46(season with injury) games a season for Barcelona; and since 2004-05 CRonaldo played 50 47 53 49 53 games a season for United and 35(season with injury) 54 55 55 47(season with injury) games a season for Madrid.

The only thing is, he has had a succession of muscle injuries. So maybe let him play an hour at home to Everton if the score allows us to take him off and he doesn't really have to play against Burnley at home, does he? then maybe a rest in the FA Cup weekend in early Jan too. Other than that, i agree, a team's top goalscorer should play all the time if possible. They are who wins you the trophies!"

lewisMCFC said:
dobobobo said:

Rest a man who is in the form of his life and has carried us through this season? You're having a laugh?

ee1e2925a8956cb74217a952a1a241cc.jpg

Look, this guy is going to be our future king because his ship and helicopter stayed out of it when not needed!

Damn right he is in form, but looked what happened to Silva!

MeatHunterrr said:
dobobobo said:

No. Plenty of time to recover after Everton. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Remember what happened at Everton away last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.