Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

sam-caddick said:
lasereyes said:
Aguero and Jovetic up front would be interesting, but can't see it happening. More likely Aguero starts and Jovetic replaces him after 60 mins or so.

I think Dzeko has earned the right to start with his movement and motivation the past few weeks. Plus he is always useful defending setpieces, which you can bank on Liverpool getting plenty.

While conventional wisdom suggests 4-5-1, I think Pellegrini will be very tempted to try 4-4-2 as a surprise tactic and signal to Liverpool that we aren't coming there to stonewall.

If he does that we will get absolutely battered.

Have a word mate

lasereyes said:
The only team that has battered us this season is Bayern. And they did that by controlling midfield, which Liverpool absolutely won't do. Playing a 4-5-1, there is a very good chance that our lone striker will be isolated and we will pose no offensive threat. And that could be suicide against a team like Liverpool. With 2 upfront (which of course they will have), we have a much better chance of attacking their soft underbelly back line.

Possibly , but we have to make sure we try to control the midfield .
Silva will get and find space, he always does and hopefully he will find that space between the back 4 and their midfield.
I also think silva could nunify Gerard a little.
If you watch liverpool he sits deep popping short and long balls with absolutely no pressure on him whatsoever and initiates a lot of liverpool s attacks.
Suarez seems to pull off onto the oppositions right back , tries to get the run behind him and Gerard tries hitting him with a 50 harder - dangerous but if we cut the supply off it will stop one of there tactics they regular use.
We are good enough to get a result, i have no worries about that but we will have to be fully switched on, up for it and focused- we cant under estimate the game , they will be fired up and lets be honest, they are decent .
C'mon city.

Blue Til Death said:
I think Dzeko will start on Sunday and depending on how things go, will probably be replaced with Sergio after 60 mins or so..

I am convinced that Ed will start and that we will have a very similar formation to the last few games. The recent transformation in our form has been Silva playing like a second striker. Giving him a licence to roam has made the world of difference.

I am sure Kun will come on in the second half, if things go according to plan.

jollylescott said:
Blue Til Death said:
I think Dzeko will start on Sunday and depending on how things go, will probably be replaced with Sergio after 60 mins or so..

I am convinced that Ed will start and that we will have a very similar formation to the last few games. The recent transformation in our form has been Silva playing like a second striker. Giving him a licence to roam has made the world of difference.

I am sure Kun will come on in the second half, if things go according to plan.

If things go according to plan we may not need to bring him on!

sam-caddick said:
lasereyes said:
Aguero and Jovetic up front would be interesting, but can't see it happening. More likely Aguero starts and Jovetic replaces him after 60 mins or so.

I think Dzeko has earned the right to start with his movement and motivation the past few weeks. Plus he is always useful defending setpieces, which you can bank on Liverpool getting plenty.

While conventional wisdom suggests 4-5-1, I think Pellegrini will be very tempted to try 4-4-2 as a surprise tactic and signal to Liverpool that we aren't coming there to stonewall.

If he does that we will get absolutely battered.
Have a day/night off son.....

Must start 4-5-1 (433) for me Milner must start, dzeko will start, important for set pieces,as mentioned. Plan B would be to bring on Navas and Aguero.

Hart
Zabaleta kompany. De Michelis. Clichy.

Milner. Yaya. Fernandino. Nasri.
Silva.

Dzeko.

Possession,keep ball, hope our quality shows,Liverpool have to win,if we win then we can only throw it away, keep Anfield quiet,

Aguero,Navas, Jovetic, may get on or Garcia to close the game out.

mannycity said:
Must start 4-5-1 (433) for me Milner must start, dzeko will start, important for set pieces,as mentioned. Plan B would be to bring on Navas and Aguero.

Hart

Silva.

Dzeko.

Possession,keep ball, hope our quality shows,Liverpool have to win,if we win then we can only throw it away, keep Anfield quiet,

Spot on.

mannycity said:

Hart

Silva.

Dzeko.

I expect this team or navas for Milner will start. I would prefer Aguero to start if he does then i think we will drop back to the 442 with silva and nasri wide with license to roam when we have the ball. Dzeko and Aguero up front.

This might not be as bad as first thought - I expect Liverpool to score and think we might just have to play against their weakness ( defense ) and try to out score them

Think MP may just go for Clichy and Navas for their extra pace. A lot of Liverpools goals come from those diagonal runs off the wing into the channel between full back and centre half. Hopefully if we nullify that ball and Gerrard sitting deep and pinging it everywhere we will win comfortably. Their defence is nothing to write home about and we can go there and score a few.

If Aguero is fit he has to play, we can't afford to give the ball away for this match which frankly is what Dzeko will do given the chance. If Dzeko does play he could well score the winning goal but I also know he's not the player you want if you really want to take it to a ball-playing team like we'll be up against on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.