Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

Jnico17 said:
Umedaman said:
Does anyone feel like Aguero is finally becoming one of the biggest names in football? I mean obviously people have known he's good for some time now, but he seems like he's becoming a household name, internationally, recently. finally getting the respect and praise he deserves!

I can assure you that in Spain Aguero was considered one of the "Big 3 stars" of La Liga, alongside Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. He was in the same package

Lol I just remembered this video

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJzBvb5TcdQ[/video]

The whole camp nou goes mad as Messi steals Aguero's ball.

TCIB said:
Hi Jnico17, thanks for the info and link :-)
Post more :-)

I will, for sure. Thanks!

He's just getting back to his best.

Everyone knows he was half fit for most of last season

I must admit at the start of this season, I did wonder if he was ever going to recover properly. He went through a period of 6 months when he lurched from one injury to another and he only just made the World Cup

We won the title last season with a half fit Aguero, and yet some football fans claim we're a one man team. I've even seen and heard some City fans say similar.

Sometime in the next few years I think we may be classing him as the best 'forward' on the planet.

Jnico17 said:
Jnico17 said:
Umedaman said:
Does anyone feel like Aguero is finally becoming one of the biggest names in football? I mean obviously people have known he's good for some time now, but he seems like he's becoming a household name, internationally, recently. finally getting the respect and praise he deserves!

I can assure you that in Spain Aguero was considered one of the "Big 3 stars" of La Liga, alongside Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. He was in the same package

TCIB said:

Haha. Great video. I tell you what, messi couldn't do that to him now. He'd bounce off him. Shows you how Sergio has improved by becoming stronger and using his body more cleverly.

I think Aguero was strong enough by that time. The thing is he drove it too much to the left and Messi got the possition, and he's strong too.

I think it wouldn't happen nowadays because messi doesn't run to recover it anymore, sadly.

Didsbury Dave said:
Jnico17 said:
Jnico17 said:

TCIB said:

Haha. Great video. I tell you what, messi couldn't do that to him now. He'd bounce off him. Shows you how Sergio has improved by becoming stronger and using his body more cleverly.
He did it to him last season tbf

The bitterness from other teams fans is hilarious right now. Everything from calling us a one man team to wishing Real Madrid will swoop in and steal him from us. Like a toddler jealous cos another kid has a better toy.

Manc in London said:
stony said:
Lifted from GloryGlory. Is this anyone off here?

SWP29 said:
Far too good for us. Now I know how you lot felt with Bale. How did you cope when Madrid took him? Emotionally, of course. Got a feeling I might need to know soon.

A bad case of icklecityitus. Wash your fucking mouth out and get some help with your mental health.

SWP29 must be a WUM.
Greasing his ass to be loved by Spurs Community, pathetic really. Now why would any City fan do that, or even sign up for that forum in first place?

As Sergio is currently the stand out PL player this season its only natural for him to be compared to Bale and Suarez who both hand brilliant seasons before having big money moves to Spain.

However, I do think that overlooks the fact that Aguero has been playing like this for us ever since he got here. Its only injuries that have prevented him from getting the recognition he deserves. In his first season he was top class, his second was ravaged by injury, his third he was neck and neck with Suarez until he got injured and this season he is top drawer.

Also, our situation compared to Spurs and Liverpool couldn't be more different. Unlike us they are not consistent title challengers or top 4 contenders. It will take them ages to be on an even footing with us never mind Munich or Madrid.

Finally, Aguero is a god here. We are one or two signings away from matching the likes of Bayern and he is the focal point of the team. I'm sure that challenge appeals more to him than moving to Madrid where he would also spoil his relationship with Atletoco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.