Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's disappointment and fatigue from the Copa America. A lot of the South American players have started slow this season. He's such a natural goal scorer, it's only a matter of time before he's knocking them in with his eyes closed.

He'll get his touch back soon, but how lucky are we that goals can come from everywhere on the pitch?. I'd like the strikers to start pitching in very soon though.

What I like about this guy is unlike the likes of Dzeko, he never stops trying even when things are not going for him. He'll come good this weekend .

He wasn't that bad against Sunderland, went close, scored the pen ( naturally) just needs one to go in, and we will see him back on a scoring run.
With that knock against Palace only a few weeks old, it may still mean he isn't 100% confident of putting on the afterburners, and needed some game time, he got that, we got a good performance and a win from the team, I fully expect him to be banging one in at the weekend.

Feel for aguero, he just looks devoid of confidence. Only just watched the Sunderland highlights but on that miss, if that was last season once he'd rounded the keeper he would have simply slotted it into the open net with his left foot. He basically he the opposite of what he should do and ironically did what he should have done when he rounded the keeper in the West Ham again! Was that on his mind still? Maybe.

Anyway hopefully once he bags a good goal he will get his confidence back. He usually plays well against Spurs! As other posters have said, the great thing about Sergio is he doesn't stop trying and doesn't hide so it's only a matter of time before his form returns.

To be fair to the guy he's had back to back tournaments (league, world cup, league, copa america, league) without a summer break like the rest of the players, the fact he's only managed to pick up a knock at the moment this season is nothing short of a miracle, I can't see the guy remaining fit for the season as 5 tournaments in 2 and a half years mustn't be good for someone like Sergio with his injury track record!

All South Americans in the Prem look a bit jaded this season (except Fernandinho).
Sanchez at Arsenal for example.
The reason is that no South American player (especially Argentinians and Chileans) has had a decent summer break for 2 seasons and they won't get one till Summer 2017 either , as there are back to back Copa Americas.
Even then the players for the winner of Copa America 2016 won't get a complete rest for years as they will be involved in the Confederation's cup in Russia in 2017. The world cup the year after etc, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.