Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

AlloBoi said:
Pozo And Dzeko against Newcastle. Jovetic from the left and Aguero uptop against United would run them ragged
Had we won today I'd have said Dzeko and Aguero up front and ravage them, but seeing how poor Dzeko has been playing, you are probably right

dobobobo said:
FantasyIreland said:
Needs to start more often,he brings balance and fluidity to the team as well as greater hunger.Criminal that he spends 90% of his time on the bench

Perhaps if his hamstring could be trusted he would play more. Perhaps if you counted to 10, you wouldn't say stupid things like 'criminal'.

Could you of not found his existing thread?

Given his ability,talent and current fitness,im happy with my choice of words thanks.

No,i fancied a new one,all the cool kids are at it:-)

bluechampion7891 said:
AlloBoi said:
Pozo And Dzeko against Newcastle. Jovetic from the left and Aguero uptop against United would run them ragged
Had we won today I'd have said Dzeko and Aguero up front and ravage them, but seeing how poor Dzeko has been playing, you are probably right
Love Dzeko to bits but when its not going for him its like we play with a man down, no movement it kills us Jovetic is always on the move top player we need him to stay fit.

teddykgb said:
He's very different, in a good way. But he gives away possession a lot, which is dangerous with our midfield and back line right now. But he's exactly what we need against these packed defenses, he's always pulling them and asking questions. Even if many get answered the ones that do not are great chances created
What you'll see with Jovetić over a season would be possession, assist and goalscoring stats that are between Silva and Kun.

He won't keep the ball as well as Silva, he won't have as many assist as Silva yet he'd have more goals than Silva...he will keep the ball better than Kun, he will have more assists than Kun yet wouldn't score as much as Kun.

That's because he's exactly what we need in the final third being a link, halfway between Silva and Kun. Neither an attacking mid nor a striker. A forward and someone who should start more often than not for us.

So where it might seem like he gives the ball away a fair bit, that's just because he's in a similar area of the field to Silva but over the course of the season he'd be invaluable to us being successful because in the end he'd have really good stats in all areas.

smithy167 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
AlloBoi said:
Love Dzeko to bits but when its not going for him its like we play with a man down, no movement it kills us Jovetic is always on the move top player we need him to stay fit.

Its Dzeko or Aguero,not both.

Jovetic can play with either id suggest because of his movement and ability to operate in a deeper or wider role.He also offers the link between attack and midfield,something that's severely lacking with the aforementioned two up front.

FantasyIreland said:
smithy167 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Its Dzeko or Aguero,not both.

Jovetic can play with either id suggest because of his movement and ability to operate in a deeper or wider role.He also offers the link between attack and midfield,something that's severely lacking with the aforementioned two up front.

This, to me, is more problematic for us than 2 in center midfield. Its Dzeko who usually drop deeper, but his passing is so shit and he takes so much time we invariably lose the ball and are exposed. In the other case, the 2 stay forward and its Silva who drifts inwards, again leaving us exposed down one of the flanks when we invariably lose the ball.

He's got to be given a chance starting on Wed night. Dzeko has been crap for his last few games. When Hart was having a bad spell he was dropped well why not Dzeko. While I'm saying that drop Yaya bring back Fernandinho.

The slaughtered lamb said:
neel said:
Misplaced passes today, but I think thats due to lack of playing time imo

I think it's down to him actually trying to do something other than retain possession.

Sometimes it's better to retain possession than lose the ball and give opposition chance to counter attack you.

He is trying to do too fancy passes and that's the reason he is misplacing passes, can't believe people think it's only today, it's the main problem of his game, he is doing it regularly.

Only reason we looked much better when he came in is because Dzeko was utter shite, it was Kolarov and Milner who gave us urgency and made us dangerous today, not Jovetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.