Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

bitsmith said:
The slaughtered lamb said:
neel said:
Misplaced passes today, but I think thats due to lack of playing time imo

I think it's down to him actually trying to do something other than retain possession.

Sometimes it's better to retain possession than lose the ball and give opposition chance to counter attack you.

He is trying to do too fancy passes and that's the reason he is misplacing passes, can't believe people think it's only today, it's the main problem of his game, he is doing it regularly.

Only reason we looked much better when he came in is because Dzeko was utter shite, it was Kolarov and Milner who gave us urgency and made us dangerous today, not Jovetic.

Yes, in the beginning when the score was 0-0 and Dzeko was constantly giving it away.

Not when you are 2-0 down or 1-2 down with less than 10 mins to go. Having Jovetic on completely changed the game and although we conceded still we only played better when he came on and he was always there ready to have the pass played to him and then pass and move. We looked so much better.

As for the fancy passes, yeah he was trying to do too much at Newcastle and against stoke but I'd argue that was because he wanted to prove himself with the impending return of Sergio. I think technically he is much superior to what he has shown

A quality player but the trouble is keeping him fit for long spells during the season.

Should play most games, useful at home and away.

However much we have achieved/can achieve with 2 up top, it's surely worth trying 3 in midfield away from home, no?

Home:
Hart
Zab Kompany Mangala Kolarov
Milner Fernandinho Yaya Silva
Jovetic Aguero

Away:
Hart
Zab Kompany Mangala Kolarov
Fernandinho Yaya Fernando
Silva Aguero Milner/Jovetic

bluechampion7891 said:
bitsmith said:
The slaughtered lamb said:
I think it's down to him actually trying to do something other than retain possession.

Sometimes it's better to retain possession than lose the ball and give opposition chance to counter attack you.

He is trying to do too fancy passes and that's the reason he is misplacing passes, can't believe people think it's only today, it's the main problem of his game, he is doing it regularly.

Only reason we looked much better when he came in is because Dzeko was utter shite, it was Kolarov and Milner who gave us urgency and made us dangerous today, not Jovetic.

Yes, in the beginning when the score was 0-0 and Dzeko was constantly giving it away.

Not when you are 2-0 down or 1-2 down with less than 10 mins to go. Having Jovetic on completely changed the game and although we conceded still we only played better when he came on and he was always there ready to have the pass played to him and then pass and move. We looked so much better.

As for the fancy passes, yeah he was trying to do too much at Newcastle and against stoke but I'd argue that was because he wanted to prove himself with the impending return of Sergio. I think technically he is much superior to what he has shown

We did look better as Dzeko was dogshit but to me, Kolarov and Milner changed the game more than Jovetic. Two of them brought urgency and pace to our game more than Stevan who's misplaced passes broke several promising attacks.

He is good player, it's enjoyable to watch him with the ball but he is trying too much at times. If he could control that part of his game, he'd be top player.

aguero up top wiv silva nasri and jovetic all interchanging positions

Always looks like he can unlock a defense at a drop of a hat. Crying shame he's injured continuously, I'd start him over Dzeko at present, that's for sure.

Team for wed

---------------Hart--------------------
Sagna -- komps--Mangala--Kolarov
-------------Fernando-----------------
------Milner---------Fernandinho---
---------------Silva------------
--------Aguero-------Jovetic-----

Bench - Pozo,Barker,Boyata,Nasri,Lampard,Zaba

FantasyIreland said:
Team for wed

I don't want to see Sergio, Vince or Silva in the 18 on Weds.

Rammy Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Team for wed

I don't want to see Sergio, Vince or Silva in the 18 on Weds.

Before this past week,neither did I mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.