Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Blueband Brother said:
Jovetic is a very gifted player with great potential.It is as simple as that. But it seems that the worth of a player here is on a game to game basis- if he plays well, he is going to be a star and if not, then he is a waste of money, which I find funny.

People really need to open their eyes to see the intangibles with this guy. He is a player that always applies himself and works hard and if given more opportunities in the starting lineup, will build up his rhythm and develop better understanding with the other attacking players, which is perhaps the cause of the inconsistencies in his performance.

There are many profound things wrong with our squad when it comes to the honesty and application of the players which is why I not only acknowledge the talent of Jovetic, I also celebrate him as a City player because I identify that he has the intangibles of self motivation, honesty and hard work. Compared to Nasri for instance, Jovetic will never disappear in a game, never, even if the flicks do not come of.

Fantastic post.

Lucky Toma said:
Blueband Brother said:
Jovetic is a very gifted player with great potential.It is as simple as that. But it seems that the worth of a player here is on a game to game basis- if he plays well, he is going to be a star and if not, then he is a waste of money, which I find funny.

People really need to open their eyes to see the intangibles with this guy. He is a player that always applies himself and works hard and if given more opportunities in the starting lineup, will build up his rhythm and develop better understanding with the other attacking players, which is perhaps the cause of the inconsistencies in his performance.

There are many profound things wrong with our squad when it comes to the honesty and application of the players which is why I not only acknowledge the talent of Jovetic, I also celebrate him as a City player because I identify that he has the intangibles of self motivation, honesty and hard work. Compared to Nasri for instance, Jovetic will never disappear in a game, never, even if the flicks do not come of.

Fantastic post.

Its interesting to note that none of the players we got from Arsenal bar Patrick via Inter were winners with a winning mentality but they came here because they wanted to win trophies albeit largely due to the efforts of others.

Wenger was happy to part with these players because he knew their mindset despite kicking up the fuss about the money aspect which was a front anyway.

Losing none of these players made Arsenal a weaker side and although I always value the contributions made by every player of the course of the season and after all it was Clichy's foresight that got us an extra two points against Manure when all is said and done does anybody really think Nasri , Clichy and Sagna could be part of a side challenging for a Chumps League title as this stage of there careers?

All things being equal none of these three are good enough now for a City side expecting to challenge in Europe and at best should only be bit part players for a Premier League challenge.

None of them would play week in week out for Chelsea.

Jovetic I agree is someone who has desire in his bones for the full time he is on the park and lets face it if he stays fit which we need everybody to be assuming no one from Viera's side is ready made to play for us this season I would suspect he will be a bigger contributor mistakes and all than a number of players on bigger contracts who want others to make the difference for us in games.

Problem with our side now is if we have a couple of key players out or off their game we struggle big time and the likes of Nasri , Clichy and Sgna have to pull their weight if we are not to go under in each and every game.

I think Jovetic is a good player but unfortunately is not being used in a system that gets the best out of him.

Jimfv1 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
mosssideblue said:
[/u]

Fully agree. No matter what has happened on the field, he can always claim he put a full shift in. Yes, he is not quite in sync with everyone, but that will come and then humble pie will be on the menu for many on here

let this guy get use to the prem and our team (how many starts he had for us) put a bit more bulk on he's gonna be a top player for us at least he is not scared to try a trick to try and take players on he had to try and do everything on his own the other night because the other players couldn't be arsed putting in the effort he was and there's no way he should have been withdrawn at half time.

If we can get the defence sorted out and let the attacking players get on with their job then I agree that Jovetic could prove to be a good player. However if we can sign Reus or similar and bring some youngsters through the academy then Jovetic's time at City could be cut short because their are players around who can adapt better and quicker to the Premier League.

So, you are suggesting we splashed out on him to play whilst we wait for others to come through. I totally disagree.

Name these "other players"

He's clearly got a great deal of talent, but what he needs to do is try and be a bit more simplistic in his play, go for the percentage ball, occasionally. Everything he's trying at the moment is too precise, he's going for the Hollywood pass, or the trick. Instead of laying the ball off to the fullback, or out wide, he's trying the "ey of the needle" defence spliting ball, which very rarely works (even if you're David Silva).

Lucky Toma said:
Blueband Brother said:

Fantastic post.

also fully agree....

except with the nasri bit...he has made huge strides in the terms of application and hard work on the pitch and should be credited for it. Yes there are games where he doesn't play as well but its rarely down to effort these days

fredmont said:
Once he realises we play in blue he should be ok.

Jovetic belongs in a circus team with all his tricks and flicks. I haven't seen his stats but i can't believe anybody loses the ball as much as him. Every time he gets the ball I think we're ripe for the counter attack.

This is not confidence or slight misfiring like dimichelis when he first played, it is dreadful judgement and technique. Compare him to Silva, who is economy of effort and pure class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.