Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

People give the dude a break he's still recovering from hamstring issues. Although he was bad in the derby and cksa moscow game. I bet you weren't saying this stuff when he had a double against Liverpool. Give him until Christmas to prove himself worthy not two weeks after a hamstring issue. Geesh give him a chance to get in confidence up. He will show us why we payed 24 million for him.

Needs to get himself more central for me.

The lob pass to Yaya for the non-penalty was an example of his football brain in a position that pays dividends.

Too often he seems to be wide, either on instruction or because others steal his space.

I would play Dzeko and Aguero in front of Jovetic and Silva an a square formation of 5,1,2,2.

The one is a holding midfielder (not Yaya) and the outer players in the 5 would be singers more than wing backs, however they would need to be athletes of the finest order. One would be Navas and the Left Wing Back would be a returning Lopez or even Angelino from the EDS.

MDM would sweep a back three of him behind Kompany and Mangala.

Nigel's Tackle said:
he was poor tonight but still better than that fucking lump nasri

What a load of garbage

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Another £22m down the shitter.

I agree with the sentiment, but at this point I would pay 22 mill for a decent scout. Whoever we are sending out to far flung football fields ain't doing much of a job, that's for sure!

jollylescott said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Another £22m down the shitter.

I agree with the sentiment, but at this point I would pay 22 mill for a decent scout. Whoever we are sending out to far flung football fields ain't doing much of a job, that's for sure!

Are you two RAGS!
There are plenty of other teams who you can support if City are not cutting it for you.

Jovetic is a very gifted player with great potential.It is as simple as that. But it seems that the worth of a player here is on a game to game basis- if he plays well, he is going to be a star and if not, then he is a waste of money, which I find funny.

People really need to open their eyes to see the intangibles with this guy. He is a player that always applies himself and works hard and if given more opportunities in the starting lineup, will build up his rhythm and develop better understanding with the other attacking players, which is perhaps the cause of the inconsistencies in his performance.

There are many profound things wrong with our squad when it comes to the honesty and application of the players which is why I not only acknowledge the talent of Jovetic, I also celebrate him as a City player because I identify that he has the intangibles of self motivation, honesty and hard work. Compared to Nasri for instance, Jovetic will never disappear in a game, never, even if the flicks do not come of.

Blueband Brother said:
Jovetic is a very gifted player with great potential.It is as simple as that. But it seems that the worth of a player here is on a game to game basis- if he plays well, he is going to be a star and if not, then he is a waste of money, which I find funny.

People really need to open their eyes to see the intangibles with this guy. He is a player that always applies himself and works hard and if given more opportunities in the starting lineup, will build up his rhythm and develop better understanding with the other attacking players, which is perhaps the cause of the inconsistencies in his performance.

There are many profound things wrong with our squad when it comes to the honesty and application of the players which is why I not only acknowledge the talent of Jovetic, I also celebrate him as a City player because I identify that he has the intangibles of self motivation, honesty and hard work. Compared to Nasri for instance, Jovetic will never disappear in a game, never, even if the flicks do not come of.

Fully agree. No matter what has happened on the field, he can always claim he put a full shift in. Yes, he is not quite in sync with everyone, but that will come and then humble pie will be on the menu for many on here

mosssideblue said:
Blueband Brother said:

Fully agree. No matter what has happened on the field, he can always claim he put a full shift in. Yes, he is not quite in sync with everyone, but that will come and then humble pie will be on the menu for many on here

let this guy get use to the prem and our team (how many starts he had for us) put a bit more bulk on he's gonna be a top player for us at least he is not scared to try a trick to try and take players on he had to try and do everything on his own the other night because the other players couldn't be arsed putting in the effort he was and there's no way he should have been withdrawn at half time.

uwe rosler 28 said:
mosssideblue said:
Blueband Brother said:

let this guy get use to the prem and our team (how many starts he had for us) put a bit more bulk on he's gonna be a top player for us at least he is not scared to try a trick to try and take players on he had to try and do everything on his own the other night because the other players couldn't be arsed putting in the effort he was and there's no way he should have been withdrawn at half time.

If we can get the defence sorted out and let the attacking players get on with their job then I agree that Jovetic could prove to be a good player. However if we can sign Reus or similar and bring some youngsters through the academy then Jovetic's time at City could be cut short because their are players around who can adapt better and quicker to the Premier League.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Needs to get himself more central for me.

The lob pass to Yaya for the non-penalty was an example of his football brain in a position that pays dividends.

Too often he seems to be wide, either on instruction or because others steal his space.

I would play Dzeko and Aguero in front of Jovetic and Silva an a square formation of 5,1,2,2.

The one is a holding midfielder (not Yaya) and the outer players in the 5 would be singers more than wing backs, however they would need to be athletes of the finest order. One would be Navas and the Left Wing Back would be a returning Lopez or even Angelino from the EDS.

MDM would sweep a back three of him behind Kompany and Mangala.
You know what...after that shite the other night I'd be willing to give this a go, anyone in mind? ...I'd say Beth Midler could put in a better shift down the left than Clichy and we could employ my wife to scout a future star from the x-factor. See the logic in this, next time we are that shit we still get a bit of entertainment and showbiz out on the sides to distract the fans from the stinking turd being served on it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.