Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

I agree lads. I also think if he had started the game would have been wrapped up much sooner. When Dzeko is up front on his known it is scarily obvious how much of a carthorse he is. There were numerous times when he was played through and didn't have the pace to run on to the ball. His lack of pace is criminal at this level.

He's unpredictable, sometimes it works for him sometimes it goes horribly wrong but I love his work rate. He reminds me of a spaniel on a park chasing a ball. No one knows which direction he's going in next which makes it difficult to get the ball back off him.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
I agree lads. I also think if he had started the game would have been wrapped up much sooner. When Dzeko is up front on his known it is scarily obvious how much of a carthorse he is. There were numerous times when he was played through and didn't have the pace to run on to the ball. His lack of pace is criminal at this level.

I can't agree with that, mate. Jovetic isn't a line-leading striker so Dzeko was the only real option. He was clearly not fully fit last night. But jovetic did well.

Didsbury Dave said:

I can't agree with that, mate. Jovetic isn't a line-leading striker so Dzeko was the only real option. He was clearly not fully fit last night. But jovetic did well.
I'm not a great fan of Dzeko, he's great when on form, but he can be poor, however last night I thought he did his job very well, he was there to hold up the ball and bring others into play, he mostly did that, and he clearly isn't fully fit.

This thread is about Jovetic, it was the right decision not to start him, and when he came on it was also a good decision (Dzeko was knackered), and he played his part in a very good win.

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm not a great fan of Dzeko, he's great when on form, but he can be poor, however last night I thought he did his job very well, he was there to hold up the ball and bring others into play, he mostly did that, and he clearly isn't fully fit.

This thread is about Jovetic, it was the right decision not to start him, and when he came on it was also a good decision (Dzeko was knackered), and he played his part in a very good win.

(Dzeko was shite)*

As per...

callumcity said:
(Dzeko was shite)*

As per...
You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree, he's not fit for starters, but he held the ball up well numerous times, and linked with others, worked his arse off for the team, including at the back defensively, and he went off knackered.

Anyway this is a thread about Jovetic, so lets leave that discussion for another thread.

Dzeko did his job very well last night. Just because he didn't score or assist doesn't mean he didn't play well. He was there to be an outlet and to hold the ball up. He did that effectively.

No it's not.

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I agree that Dzeko was the right choice to start and did a decent job in the circumstances.

Jovetic had some good moments when he came on; especially his part in the second goal but both of them irritated me in few instances a little by not retaining possession when we had a lead to protect but that is a minor niggle now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.