Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

OB1 said:
cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I can't agree with that, mate. Jovetic isn't a line-leading striker so Dzeko was the only real option. He was clearly not fully fit last night. But jovetic did well.
I'm not a great fan of Dzeko, he's great when on form, but he can be poor, however last night I thought he did his job very well, he was there to hold up the ball and bring others into play, he mostly did that, and he clearly isn't fully fit.

This thread is about Jovetic, it was the right decision not to start him, and when he came on it was also a good decision (Dzeko was knackered), and he played his part in a very good win.

I agree that Dzeko was the right choice to start and did a decent job in the circumstances.

Jovetic had some good moments when he came on; especially his part in the second goal but both of them irritated me in few instances a little by not retaining possession when we had a lead to protect but that is a minor niggle now.
Jovetic has just turned 25 and will soon be reaching his peak. He's a proper footballer who tries special things that sometimes don't come off but when they do they are sublime. I've said many time that I rate Dzeko as a goal scorer, but not as a top level footballer for where we want to be and I think we can do way better.

Having said that, I think Pellegrini got it right by starting with Dzeko in Rome and bringing on Jovetic to twist a tiring Roma inside out. The only thing MP got wrong is that he didn't make the substitution 10-15 minutes earlier when it was obvious that Dzeko was struggling through not being fully fit.

Jovetic is a brilliant player who I rate highly and I think if we can sort out his fitness issues, he'll get better and better as time goes by.

Didsbury Dave said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
I agree lads. I also think if he had started the game would have been wrapped up much sooner. When Dzeko is up front on his known it is scarily obvious how much of a carthorse he is. There were numerous times when he was played through and didn't have the pace to run on to the ball. His lack of pace is criminal at this level.

I can't agree with that, mate. Jovetic isn't a line-leading striker so Dzeko was the only real option. He was clearly not fully fit last night. But jovetic did well.

dzeko is good footballer but is no way technically better than jovetic .dzeko has scored some important goals for us but he does not suit our style of play (esp when he plays with aguero ) and is shit campared to likes of Diego Costa , rvp , lewandoski , zlatan.

but i agree that JoJo can't lead the line alone . jovetic is similar to fransisco totti who needs players like eturbe ,gervinho , destro.

Most importantly Jovetic can play with aguero and allows him to play at his best

If Jovetic has players like reus and Jay rodriguez (players we have been linked with) and think he can play as a single central forward

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
Check out the work Jovetic did before his pass to Nasri for Zab's goal........ Some lovely stuff on the touchline before bringing the ball inside.

I feel the success of those moves and dribbles were more down to poor/passive defenders than his own skill. Things like that he used to get away with when playing in Italy... not that often seen in his PL career.
He needs to toughen up a bit, but can clearly be a great players for us as long as he stays fit.

I wonder if he'll still be a City player when next season begins.

Check out the work Jovetic did before his pass to Nasri for Zab's goal........ Some lovely stuff on the touchline before bringing the ball inside.

Was just gonna post this myself mate. Will go unnoticed to most but it really shouldn't - it was absolutely top class play and the hardest part of the goal

The Fat el Hombre said:

Was just gonna post this myself mate. Will go unnoticed to most but it really shouldn't - it was absolutely top class play and the hardest part of the goal
Already posted it bottom of page 32 ;o) so it was appreciated.

Yeah I think this point in the match was greatly underrated. Jovetic did a fantastic job getting the ball in from the left.

Matt the Giant said:

I feel the success of those moves and dribbles were more down to poor/passive defenders than his own skill. Things like that he used to get away with when playing in Italy... not that often seen in his PL career.
He needs to toughen up a bit, but can clearly be a great players for us as long as he stays fit.

That post is utter bollox

Very good player Jovetic .
I would have him over Mario Balotelli any day of the week .
More intelligent than Mario - Stevan .
To me he was out star signing in 2013 .
Just keep away from injuries Jovetic .

grim up north said:
Matt the Giant said:

That post is utter bollox

It's not actually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.