Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

He’s a bit like Paul Dickov – but with, height, pace, genuine skill and footballing ability.

I have no issue with how much effort he puts in. He plays very direct, always looking to run toward goal or pass forward and he just needs to do it a little bit smarter. It’s a decision making thing, knowing when it’s not on and look to retain the ball instead of forcing play forwards. On balance though we play better on the front foot and he is a front foot player.

Couldnt do much today....may be didnt get much of the ball

Not sure what to think of him lately, you can tell he's intelligent and he always wants to drive at the defence and pass/shoot. Too often though he'll over think things, overdo it.

He did have bad luck last year with injuries, disrupted his first season here. I still think we need a new striker by next summer.

cleavers said:
It would help him greatly if Sergio would pass to him.

Why so he can try a pointless flick? The way Aguero is playing atm he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

RandomJ said:
cleavers said:

Why so he can try a pointless flick? The way Aguero is playing atm he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
All very true (not all the flicks are pointless). I wasn't knocking Sergio (who could ?), but he could also pass to Jovetic when he's better placed, as he was a couple of times today,its a point worth debating imho.

cleavers said:
RandomJ said:
cleavers said:

All very true (not all the flicks are pointless). I wasn't knocking Sergio (who could ?), but he could also pass to Jovetic when he's better placed, as he was a couple of times today,its a point worth debating imho.

I agree 100%. I love Aguero but he can be a ball hog sometimes. There were times yesterday when he tried to beat 3 defenders when he had a teammate better placed. Just saying.

I don't imagine he's had much credit for last night, but his efforts in the second goal were very good, had three on him in the corner, but managed to come through them with the ball after a couple of bits of skill, and picked out Nasri with a good pass, who then put it there for Zab.

I thought his short contribution was excellent again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.