Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

I think like most people on here in the summer we signed him he was the one who got us all the most excited, a little bit of an unknown quantity almost and as a result we 'hyped' his potential even more.

It's a strange scenario with Jovetic, and to be fair I think it may be a confidence thing in that he's trying too hard to look good. I don't think we've seen even half off his potential but the question is whether or not too give him more time.

It's obvious he's a very talented player but up to now it hasn't quite worked for him here and he does seem a little bit light weight so to speak, his flicks when they do come off look good but in fairness most of the time they don't and thats back to my point that he's trying to hard to flatter.

To sum it up it wouldn't really bother me if we sold him and replaced him with someone more decisive and effective imo.

If we can afford to keep him and give him time I see no reason to let him go anywhere

Even if we do sign Bony we should at least give him until the end of the season.

alot of potential and looked to have started to link up well with sergio - sunderland/southampton games. if he can go a few months without getting injured and play lots then i think he could do really well, dont want to see him go as he has got alot of talent but if he goes and gets injured again then i think we should cut our losses and sell in the summer

He didn't sound like he was willing to move in the interview the other day so can't see how realistic is for him to be sold even in January as some papers ay.

He does a lot of bouncing about, then when he gets the ball, always tries to "flick" and not pass it to another player, most of the time, finding an opposing player, very frustrating player.

hadfield blue said:
He does a lot of bouncing about, then when he gets the ball, always tries to "flick" and not pass it to another player, most of the time, finding an opposing player, very frustrating player.

Agreed - very frustrating. Seems like a nice lad - but if I am being honest I would unload if we can get our cash back. Sentiment has no place if we want success.

If the lad was given a chance in his preferred position then I believe we would really see how good he is.

The problem is....and it's a nice problem, we have Silva and Nasri who like to play there too.

Just don't think he's had a decent enough run yet to judge, even after a season and a half here. There's one hell of a player n there but if he's still not making much of an impact come the summer then he'll probably be off and rightly so. I'm still hopeful he can make a big impression this season, and if he manages to stay injury free then I've little doubt that he would, but unfortunately that seems unlikely

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
If the lad was given a chance in his preferred position then I believe we would really see how good he is.

The problem is....and it's a nice problem, we have Silva and Nasri who like to play there too.

He is not in the same league as either of them - so surplus - come to think of it I have never warmed to Nasri either until he scored in Rome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.