Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Tom_mcfc said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
mekonmcfc said:
The Guidetti myth raises its head again

Haha bang on...Guidetti is almost reaching Bojinov delirium

True, why should we consider the option of using a player we currently own who has scored wherever he has gone when we can persist with the likes of Jovetic.

He didn't score for Stoke.

Do people on this thread watch the same Jovetic I do? How anybody can decide he's not good enough beggars belief. Let the lad play 10 games in a row to get on the wavelength with his teammates and we'll see the best of him. We've seen flashes of what he can really do and if we sell him he'll be doing it for somebody else.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Do people on this thread watch the same Jovetic I do? How anybody can decide he's not good enough beggars belief. Let the lad play 10 games in a row to get on the wavelength with his teammates and we'll see the best of him. We've seen flashes of what he can really do and if we sell him he'll be doing it for somebody else.
This ^^^ :-)

Kippax Street 1880 said:

Who would you have him replace in order to achieve that run of games?

Kippax Street 1880 said:

I think the frustration with Jovetic is will he ever be fit enough to play 10 games in a row - he has been at the club for 18 Months and seems to be in that bracket of players who can literally never keep themselves fit enough to get a run of games together.

I use to watch a bit of him in Serie A and looked great then suffered a Cruciate ligament injury which had him out for a whole season. Had a couple of really good seasons following that. But from what you hear he's not the sort of player to play through a little niggle, maybe because of what happened with his Cruciate's he is extra careful anytime he has a slight twinge and end up sitting out a couple of games!

I hope he does come good for the rest of the season, but have a feeling if his injuries continue then they will look to offload him over the summer - I don't think he will be short of offers from Serie A but don't expect to get back close to what we paid!

Kippax Street 1880 said:

Doing what for somebody else?

That is precisely the problem, what does he offer?

Kippax Street 1880 said:

Even if given the chance he would never play 10 consecutive games without succumbing to injury! I say 3 max being being injured again!

He flatters to deceive.

I don't think Jovetic will make it in City as he is obviously missunderstud as a player buy manager and there for by teammates. Jovetic is an fantasista trequartista kind of player as you can see him trying to be every time he's on the pitch and hes never getting the support needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.