Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Re: Jovetic

Whilst I can appreciate Jovetic’s talent – he is a very skilful player who can spot a pass and create space very cleverly, I wonder whether he is perhaps occupying a space in the side that could be better used. We have Nasri, Silva, Yaya who can bring others into the game and can both score and create. Wouldn’t we be better off with a player who is either a creative midfielder or a striker, rather than a bit of both?

supercity88 said:
Whilst I can appreciate Jovetic’s talent – he is a very skilful player who can spot a pass and create space very cleverly, I wonder whether he is perhaps occupying a space in the side that could be better used. We have Nasri, Silva, Yaya who can bring others into the game and can both score and create. Wouldn’t we be better off with a player who is either a creative midfielder or a striker, rather than a bit of both?

Without a doubt.

I don't see him being here after the summer,he's too valuable an asset to be 'wasted'.

Him,Dzeko and Kolarov would go a long way towards funding the minor surgery needed.

supercity88 said:
He's a No 10. A player who likes to play between the lines

But when Aguero is out, that means we need a front man. Aguero likes to come deep and cut into the box from the wing so perhaps they are quite similar in that respect.

He scored a good strikers goal against Sunderland - in at the near post so he can do that.

Sagna needs games. He's rusty. And so does Jovetic. You can't expect players who are in and out of the team to play at their best. I bet Jovetic feels he has to score in every game just to keep his place

supercity88 said:

Hello. I think Jovetic is underrated because of his injuries. We don t have another player of his profile in the squad. He can play in any position in the attack and he does a good job wherever you put him. I would keep him and Dzeko, alongside Aguero of course, and only buy a world class striker (Benzema, Cavani) if fin fair-play allowed us(which it doesn t).

rapidCT said:
supercity88 said:

Hello. I think Jovetic is underrated because of his injuries. We don t have another player of his profile in the squad. He can play in any position in the attack and he does a good job wherever you put him. I would keep him and Dzeko, alongside Aguero of course, and only buy a world class striker (Benzema, Cavani) if fin fair-play allowed us(which it doesn t).

lol at them both

Really don’t rate him at all

Completely powderpuff

Flicks with the outside of his foot instead of passing simply when it’s on

Trying passes that aren’t on and giving the ball away

Average finishing

Terrible injury record

Ship him out and free up the funds and squad place for someone who’ll benefit us

Del_Bosque said:
Really don’t rate him at all

Completely powderpuff

Flicks with the outside of his foot instead of passing simply when it’s on

Trying passes that aren’t on and giving the ball away

Average finishing

Terrible injury record

Ship him out and free up the funds and squad place for someone who’ll benefit us

Have to admit thats a fair assessment but Id still like to see if he can improve with more game time. He has outrageous talent and may come good.

I remember the preseason chatter of him possibly outscoring Sergio

Unless he puts a good run together between now and the end of the season I can’t see how he will be with us next year. Aguero is injured every single year and out for a decent duration but you know what you get when he is in the team. Dzeko’s goal scoring records speaks for itself and been hugely influential in both title wins and some of the big games.

Jovetic definitely has ability, some of the goals he use to score for Fiorentina were special but a lot of players have come with a similar expectation and have not lived up to their billing whether that be due to injuries or not adjusting to the Premier League.

Hopefully he proves us all wrong and stays injury free and helps with our title challenge for the rest of the season – time will tell i suppose!

Simply not good enough for us

He has been here for 18 months now, and apart from a few flashes of quality, he really has flattered to deceive

Doesn't make many assists, doesn't score many goals, personally ive always struggled to see anything that he brings to the team apart from a bit of an impact from the bench, but that can be expected from such an unpredictable player

Unfortunately he has been a poor signing. Hopefully we can offload him back to Serie A for £15m+ and we can look to bring in someone who does actually fit into the side when Nasri or Silva aren't fit, because I think we can all agree that is what we thought we were buying as opposed to a replacement for Sergio or Edin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.