Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

@City_Watch: Jovetic quote from the Mirror: "The manager has killed me with this decision. I feel I deserve my place and others have told me the same."

@City_Watch: Jovetic: "I have not made any decision about my future. I will wait until the summer then we will see."

@City_Watch: Jovetic: "But the manager has put other players ahead of me, so maybe this is a message about what he wants to do."

Looks like he's a gonner.

From the Mirror.........

Champions League outcast Stevan Jovetic has accused Manuel Pellegrini of “killing” him by leaving him out of Manchester City’s European squad.

Jovetic, who has made way for £28million new-boy Wilfried Bony, has broken his silence over his shock omission in an exclusive interview with Sunday Mirror Sport.

The Montenegrin striker insisted that City boss Pellegrini has got his selection wrong – and that he will now assess his future at the club.

Jovetic, a £22million recruit from Fiorentina 18 months ago, said: “I deserve to play in the Champions League. I know that. The manager has killed me with this decision. I feel I deserve my place and other people have told me the same.

“People have told me I am a great player, but it is clear that the manager doesn’t think the same way. I am very disappointed, even now. I don’t think it was a good decision – or the right decision

----------------------------------------------------

A shame but he has never been 'right' for us - im sure a better more effective replacement can be found.

I like the guy, he wanted to do great things with this club but his injuries have really cost him. I hope he shows some of his brilliance in the next few months or that he can find a starting spot at another club if he is transferred in the summer.

Whoever was left out of the CL squad was always going to be pissed off, so his comments aren't really a surprise or out of order. It's a shame, but I think it's inevitable he'll leave in the summer. He's a talented player, but it hasn't worked out for him at City. He's been unlucky with injuries, but doesn't suit our style of play and hasn't done enough when selected. His stock is still high in Italy so he won't be short of suitors, but our bargaining position has been weakened by his exclusion from the CL squad and his subsequent comments.

This is where we should really be pushing against these bullshit sanctions. Its stopped a player plying his trade, he's pissed off, probably wont see the best of him in the league as he knows he's as good as out the door, likely leading to a drop in his valuation and more money lost for us.

Bony better be worth it!

adrianr said:
This is where we should really be pushing against these bullshit sanctions. Its stopped a player plying his trade, he's pissed off, probably wont see the best of him in the league as he knows he's as good as out the door, likely leading to a drop in his valuation and more money lost for us.

Bony better be worth it!

I think Bony is better suited to our style of play.

FantasyIreland said:
Bony will be fantastic,exactly what we've missed since early Negredo.

Completely agree, cant wait to see him on the park.

Said the same about Jovetic when he first came to the club, but unfortunately he's spent most of his time on the treatment table which is no doubt where the roots of this decision have come from. He'll be gone in summer for less than we paid (as usual), and I'll wish him all the best but he's flattered to deceive most of the time he has played.

Send him back to Italy, we'll get a decent money for him and we can sign someone who isn't injured 50% of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.