Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

WOW! Really? Comes on and plays like shit whenever he finds time out of being injured and then has the gall to "be disgruntled" with the manager for dropping him. Instead of recognizing the fact that his talent and potential has not matched his performance and putting his head down and working on that; instead of thinking that maybe, just maybe if he kept his performance and fitness up to scratch then the manager would have picked him over Bony or perhaps wouldn't even have bought Bony in the first place; instead of even considering the fact that the club is facing restrictions and he's dropped by force and not by choice, what does he do? runs to the papers and whines about the manager. Pellegrini is too gentle to react to this kind of sh*t. Mourinho would have shown him his proper place. I don't get why he can't just pretend he's injured (what looks like, in all likelihood, only 2 more games in Europe), it wouldn't be a big deal because that's what he is most of the times. Or maybe he can actually get injured, which, in his case, wouldn't take more than a just a hard run against the wind.This may sound like on over-reactionary rant but considering what I've seen of him so far, he doesn't "deserve" to be in the team for any match, let alone in the Champions League against Barcelona.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Ric said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
daily mirror got a real scoop , jovetic not happy about being left out of the champs league squad , whatever next , the sky is blue , water is wet , never cease to amaze me these journos

To be fair, it probably is considered newsworthy, if not unexpected.

any negative about us , is newsworthy , wheres that agenda thread , when you need it

Its the mirror. See that they also went with Milner "Demands" 4 year contract not wants 4 year contract. Its a rag paper and wouldnt believe what they publish.

hertsblue said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Ric said:
To be fair, it probably is considered newsworthy, if not unexpected.

any negative about us , is newsworthy , wheres that agenda thread , when you need it

Its the mirror. See that they also went with Milner "Demands" 4 year contract not wants 4 year contract. Its a rag paper and wouldnt believe what they publish.

Agree with your general sentiments re the paper, however this story has quotes and is by Simon Mullock a big blue with an ear to the inside goings on.

Re the situation itself which I believe, Jovetic started to piss Pellegrini off last season, remember all the times that MP said something odd about Jovetics fitness, hinting it was in his head. Now this season when he's meant to kick in, and believe me I thought he was going to be a big star for us, he's disappointed time and time again, wasteful n possession, desperate shooting, missing obvious passes/shots

Hopefully part of an exchange deal that will either see Pogba from Juventus or Koke from Atletico come to us

When he joined I was genuinely excited about getting a player who had always impressed me whenever I saw him.
However I think the pace of the game over here is just too fast for him.
He reminds of the kid on the playground with all the tricks and flicks, but come game time he rarely delivers.
Where I do feel sorry for him is that I feel I think he was finally finding a role in the team at Sunderland, when partnering Aguero. Dzeko was injured and the transfer window was still a month away. (I think he also limped off in that Sunderland game too!).
Three days later and Sergio was facing a month out and at that moment I think Jovetic's City career pretty much ended there and then!

If it's true (after all it's the mirror) you can't blame him for being hurt and wanting out, think that was the inevitable outcome

However if he does leave, he won't be missed

Shame he had to do this as this will also decrease his price even further. I won't miss him to be honest, looked good and capable occasionally but was either injured or underwhelming most of the time.

avoidconfusion said:
Shame he had to do this as this will also decrease his price even further. I won't miss him to be honest, looked good and capable occasionally but was either injured or underwhelming most of the time.

We are a million miles behind Chelsea in getting the top dollars for players we wish to move on. I am a big supporter of Pellers but he lacks the skills of Mourinho in terms of handling players who are in and out of the side. Chelsea's players aren't kicked into touch and hence they get far better selling prices. Our "English quota", who we have to offload for free? are one example of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.