Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

I was excited about his potential and as well about the dimension he brought of running at/past defenders. But he had a run during our first bad spell (October-November) where in about 4 consecutive matches all he did was give the ball away cheaply and take daft shots in the direction of Row Z.

I remember seeing the camera on Pellers right after one of these incidents and thinking things did not bode well for the lad. And then of course he got hurt again.

It is a pity this did not work out but clearly it has not. I hope he does well back in Italy. Latest comments to the media aside, he always seemed like a nice lad.

Glad we're moving on from him. He's not healthy enough for this league. Even if fit, I don't think he's good enough to start

Best he goes back to Italy. Maybe Aletico wants him.

Technically outstanding but doesn't seem to know how to apply it properly if you ask me.

I don't think the PL gives him the time and space to thrive firstly and in key areas he seems to want to overplay and do all his flicks and tricks which sometimes are not needed.

I hope we can recoup our money back on him, around £20m-£25m.

sam-caddick said:
Technically outstanding but doesn't seem to know how to apply it properly if you ask me.

I don't think the PL gives him the time and space to thrive firstly and in key areas he seems to want to overplay and do all his flicks and tricks which sometimes are not needed.

I hope we can recoup our money back on him, around £20m-£25m.

He'll inevitably go on a season long loan to a Serie A club, with "an option to buy". That will end up being circa £10m, because his contract only has 12 months to run by then. It's the City way.

daily mirror got a real scoop , jovetic not happy about being left out of the champs league squad , whatever next , the sky is blue , water is wet , never cease to amaze me these journos

jimmygrimblesboots said:
daily mirror got a real scoop , jovetic not happy about being left out of the champs league squad , whatever next , the sky is blue , water is wet , never cease to amaze me these journos

To be fair, it probably is considered newsworthy, if not unexpected.

Ric said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

any negative about us , is newsworthy , wheres that agenda thread , when you need it

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Ric said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

any negative about us , is newsworthy , wheres that agenda thread , when you need it

Hopefully it's dying a slow death on page two.

Ric said:
His stock is still high in Italy so he won't be short of suitors, but our bargaining position has been weakened by his exclusion from the CL squad and his subsequent comments.
I don't see why, if a club in the CL want him in the summer his stock is the same imho, what matters most is how long he has on his contract here, and what wages he thinks he deserves, particularly the last point, that will be the biggest impact on our bargaining position.

I like the player, but he wouldn't have been in my squad for the 2 games against Barca, because its unlikely he would have started in either. We might get through, and if we do he might useful against another opponent, but I don't see he'd be much use against Barca, simply because he's very prone to giving the ball away cheaply, the last thing we need against them, and as its probable that we won't get through, it looks like the sensible decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.