Player topic: Stevan Jovetic (2014/15)

Damn it! For a moment there I thought a deal had been agreed with a club for summer window!

Gutted its not worked out for jovetic at city as i genuinely thought he was our best signing of that summer! Nail in coffin with that interview though. Could use him in a deal for koke though as athletico madrid want stevan.

Pubteam Lomas said:
When he joined I was genuinely excited about getting a player who had always impressed me whenever I saw him.
However I think the pace of the game over here is just too fast for him.
He reminds of the kid on the playground with all the tricks and flicks, but come game time he rarely delivers.
Where I do feel sorry for him is that I feel I think he was finally finding a role in the team at Sunderland, when partnering Aguero. Dzeko was injured and the transfer window was still a month away. (I think he also limped off in that Sunderland game too!).
Three days later and Sergio was facing a month out and at that moment I think Jovetic's City career pretty much ended there and then!

I thought the game at everton which proved that he really isnt suited to playing as a single striker was probably more significant.

Ric said:
Whoever was left out of the CL squad was always going to be pissed off, so his comments aren't really a surprise or out of order. It's a shame, but I think it's inevitable he'll leave in the summer. He's a talented player, but it hasn't worked out for him at City. He's been unlucky with injuries, but doesn't suit our style of play and hasn't done enough when selected. His stock is still high in Italy so he won't be short of suitors, but our bargaining position has been weakened by his exclusion from the CL squad and his subsequent comments.

Sums it up nicely.

I don't think he has helped himself, some of his onfield decision making has been questionable: trys the difficult option too often.

He is another one that is high on my list of who should be out of the door in the summer.

quiet_riot said:
Yet another player we paid too much for, and will make a loss when we sell.

I'm not really expecting us to be making a profit when we sell players tbh, not generally anyway

Hardly a shocking revelation, in fact, I think he's done well to limit his comments to this. In reality I'd imagine he's thoroughly pissed off.

It's a shame because I think if he's used correctly he could be brilliant, but he'll likely leave in the summer.

Ecstatic he's going.

One of our least effective signings since the takeover. All style and no substance, good riddance to him.

Damocles said:
Ecstatic he's going.

One of our least effective signings since the takeover. All style and no substance, good riddance to him.

Talented player not working out for him, if he goes, goes with my best wishes and good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.