Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'm counting down the days until Kompany returns, but there's a depressing inevitability that it will be longer than the 3-4 weeks forecast. On the bright side, Otamendi and Mangala were fairly solid tonight in a tricky away game.

Same here, 3-4 weeks minimum will probably drag out to 6ish. I'd be more than happy if we can keep him fit March to May.

Otamendi and Mangala have all the attributes to make a great partnership. Hopefully this prolonged period together will bear fruit.

Agree with this. Nice to see El Capitan putting us on the back foot for Belgium. I've said it for the past 5 years, as good as Vinny is he is no captain. Zaba is the one who leads by example, he's my captain all day long.

What a load of shite.

If you want to try and take a positive out of Kompany's latest setback then it would be the fact that Otamendi & Mangala have an extended period now to try and work on improving their partnership and understanding of each other. Quite rare, but I was impressed with Mangala last night. Didn't give Vardy a sniff (though I do believe Vardy's recent goalscoring form was the classic purple-patch rather than all of a sudden a £30m player), and didn't produce any calamitous passes like he's done recently, though his foul on the edge of the box late on was reckless.

Back to Kompany though, and I think there has to be a general worry about just what he can offer City going forward. It's bad enough having Aguero sitting out for stretches but with Kompany it seems even worse. I think the medical team have to think about how they introduce Kompany back into training, but more specifically Pellegrini has to think about how soon he brings him back into the starting XI. He needs recovery time, certainly not rushing back, and given the amount of calf injuries he has has in recent times it would suggest to me that he has been rushed back, or certainly not as fit as he's made himself out to be.

Agree with this. Nice to see El Capitan putting us on the back foot for Belgium. I've said it for the past 5 years, as good as Vinny is he is no captain. Zaba is the one who leads by example, he's my captain all day long.

Really? You've said this for the last five years? Because this opinion suggests that you've been in a coma for the last five years.

Words fail me when I read some of the absolute shit I read on here lately. Belgium has fuck all to do with him being our captain.

I get the feeling we won't see him again this season but he will be fit in the summer and come back crocked again
Sadly I think you are right
It's that same calf that keeps going. I suspect he's got a badly scarred and shortened muscle. Any surgery will cause further scarring +/- shortening. It may even be too stiff now to stretch out with physio.
Cannot really think of any cure for his problem. He may be finished for good.

If we get him back fit we should manage him like Spurs did with Ledley King; one game per week max, no training, just gym work but no running, nothing that could cause the calf problem to flare up.

Maybe even just save him for away games or big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.