Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'm counting down the days until Kompany returns, but there's a depressing inevitability that it will be longer than the 3-4 weeks forecast. On the bright side, Otamendi and Mangala were fairly solid tonight in a tricky away game.

Normally I'm counting down the days until Kompany returns, but there's a depressing inevitability that it will be longer than the 3-4 weeks forecast. On the bright side, Otamendi and Mangala were fairly solid tonight in a tricky away game.
They will feel good after that. Although Leicester did not put them under much pressure. They tried a lot of quick early balls over the top and Mangala and Otamendi won the challenges nearly every time.

Having seen that game, I'm more confident that City can go away from home now and get results. We had a lot of possession but didn't do much with it. Perhaps the defending is not really the main issue

They will feel good after that. Although Leicester did not put them under much pressure. They tried a lot of quick early balls over the top and Mangala and Otamendi won the challenges nearly every time.

Having seen that game, I'm more confident that City can go away from home now and get results. We had a lot of possession but didn't do much with it. Perhaps the defending is not really the main issue

I said that even during our opening spell of low scoring wins, our attack wasn't looking quite on point. Unfortunately with Aguero and Silva both suffering long stints out, even with Sterling and De Bruyne added we're still not as lethal at the other end. We should be worrying way more about our attack than our defence IMO. With absolutely nothing changing at the back if you got the side scoring to our title winning Pellegrini levels we would still go on to win the league.

Would probably help if we had a defensive player ala de Jong so that when we are without kompany we have an extra edge to the defense.

Physio room has him coming back on the 23rd January 2016. Come on Vinnie we need a backbone. Was Zaba on the bench last night?

I still say the worst thing they did was to drop the 'reserve' teams, everyone I talk to agrees with me about that. Then VK would have had the practice without the pressure of winning. But hey ho who am I but an old fashioned football fan. :-)

This summer will see some big calls made on the futures of some of our big players imo.

Nothing is forever in football.

This. Sad but true.
Agree with this. Nice to see El Capitan putting us on the back foot for Belgium. I've said it for the past 5 years, as good as Vinny is he is no captain. Zaba is the one who leads by example, he's my captain all day long.

yeah, and for me Manga was better than Ota, who made a fair few rash mistakes, which is re-assuring as once Ota finds his form again then I think that back 4 will look a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.