Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't go down well, vinny's already ostracised himself from a lot of the hierarchy after the previous 'club v country' row.... Time he spoke up rather than third parties.

He wouldn't be going anywhere near the first team if I was in charge, the reality is that the title will probably go down to the last few games, hand on heart, is he going to be giving his all when it's clear the narrative that he holds is the Euros over everything else!!!

Thankfully for everyone associated with the football club, you're not

What is wrong about that? The Belgium FA want Vinnie be fit for EURO 2016. That means they want to have him match fit. Therefore he needs game time for City as soon as he is completely fit. What exactly is your point?
Nobody wants to rush him back. So everybody wants the same: Vinnie coming back fit.
He won't be treated by the Belgium doc against his wishes. On contrary, he will be grateful about it. Anything else wouldn't make sense.
Would you prefer the doc to state Vinnie is in danger for the EURO?

It just needs time and that's what we hate.
No reason to insult people without having any any any information or knowledge.

What I would rather, given the recent tension between Belgium and Mcfc, is for the Belgium doctor, given that the euros are ducking 6 months away, to keep his mouth shut and let vinny and Mcfc concentrate on this season, his recovery and how we manage the press and expectations of the fans. If you don't have a problem with a Belgium doctor contradicting what our manager said only yesterday then fine. But I do.

Once again people can't get it through their heads that just cos you hate international football doesn't mean the players do. It really is not a hard concept to grasp yet some of you are still struggling. Even Messi said he'd trade in his 5 ballon d'or's for a world cup win.

I know you don't see it very often and its probably a bit of a silly suggestion but how about giving him a player-coach role?

We clearly miss his leadership and all of our current defenders seem to play a lot better when alongside him.

Giving him this role would allow us to have him in the dugout even when he is injured which can only be a positive.

Even when he is injured he still has so much to offer

I think that would run a very precarious line between player v manager power. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but you run the risk of ending up like Real Madrid with a team who can effectively manage themselves and don't respect a figurehead in charge.

What I would rather, given the recent tension between Belgium and Mcfc, is for the Belgium doctor, given that the euros are ducking 6 months away, to keep his mouth shut and let vinny and Mcfc concentrate on this season, his recovery and how we manage the press and expectations of the fans. If you don't have a problem with a Belgium doctor contradicting what our manager said only yesterday then fine. But I do.

The England team and our FA is full of dick, why should the Belgium FA and national team not have the same quality of staff?

I think that would run a very precarious line between player v manager power. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but you run the risk of ending up like Real Madrid with a team who can effectively manage themselves and don't respect a figurehead in charge.

Exactly, encouraged when getting rid of Bobby, will end if Pep comes.

I fully understand your harsh reaction. Not sure about a contradiction though. Pellers said VK would came back later now, maybe at the end of the season. And the doc said VK is not in danger for the EURO. That is not too far apart I feel. Do I miss something?

The story could have a warm up when the next international friendlies are due, end of March.
All the best to Vinnie!

I fully understand your harsh reaction. Not sure about a contradiction though. Pellers said VK would came back later now, maybe at the end of the season. And the doc said VK is not in danger for the EURO. That is not too far apart I feel. Do I miss something?

The story could have a warm up when the next international friendlies are due, end of March.
All the best to Vinnie!

The doctor said he was injured for 6 weeks and two weeks in is on the road to recovery didn't he? Big difference to Pellers saying he's out until the latter end of the season. To me I read it as the Belgium doctor trying to underplay kompany' injury and consequently undermine our manager and our own doctors.

Anyway as you say all the best to vinnie, I hope he's back sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.