Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Sagna and DeMichalis for now.

But he's been injured for 10+ games a season since 2011/12. (12 games, including tonight, this season).
The thing is, when he's injured for 11+ games our trophy aspirations are badly affected.

I know you don't see it very often and its probably a bit of a silly suggestion but how about giving him a player-coach role?

We clearly miss his leadership and all of our current defenders seem to play a lot better when alongside him.

Giving him this role would allow us to have him in the dugout even when he is injured which can only be a positive.

Even when he is injured he still has so much to offer
I don't want him out on the pitch during training times,i want him indoors in the warm getting treatment

I don't want him out on the pitch during training times,i want him indoors in the warm getting treatment

you sound like his mother haha.

In all seriousness there are obviously gonna be some flaws in the suggestion, otherwise he would already be in that role!

Just raising the point that he is very useful to us as a team even when he isn't fit enough to play

Wtf, just read the comments from Belgiums doctor about Vincent. Why the fuck is he treating Vincent and even commentating when the euros is 6 months away. Kompany is our club captain. He's paid by us. Belgium can fuck off. We need to grow a pair and ship him out if it has to come to that.

What is wrong about that? The Belgium FA want Vinnie be fit for EURO 2016. That means they want to have him match fit. Therefore he needs game time for City as soon as he is completely fit. What exactly is your point?
Nobody wants to rush him back. So everybody wants the same: Vinnie coming back fit.
He won't be treated by the Belgium doc against his wishes. On contrary, he will be grateful about it. Anything else wouldn't make sense.
Would you prefer the doc to state Vinnie is in danger for the EURO?

It just needs time and that's what we hate.
No reason to insult people without having any any any information or knowledge.

we should dump bluemoon for tomorrow and play a bowie tune. that tune HAS to be jean Jeanie

What is wrong about that? The Belgium FA want Vinnie be fit for EURO 2016. That means they want to have him match fit. Therefore he needs game time for City as soon as he is completely fit. What exactly is your point?
Nobody wants to rush him back. So everybody wants the same: Vinnie coming back fit.
He won't be treated by the Belgium doc against his wishes. On contrary, he will be grateful about it. Anything else wouldn't make sense.

That daft **** is the reason he stayed injured in the first place. Played him when he had a doctor's note, so to speak.

That argument would have been justified if Vinnie had obeyed club orders not to turn out in a game where he wasn't really needed, but Wilmot selected him and played him knowing this, and his recovery was curtailed. You are right when you say the Belgian FA want him to be fit for the Euros but they have no interest in his club career, their interests are at International level only and if Vinnie can get fit enough to play the last two or three games of our season just to get himself up to speed, then that's all they care about.

you sound like his mother haha.

In all seriousness there are obviously gonna be some flaws in the suggestion, otherwise he would already be in that role!

Just raising the point that he is very useful to us as a team even when he isn't fit enough to play
I'm old enough to be most of their grannies lol,i expect he is helping out,if he allowed of course with mp being the defence expert haha

I winced when I read that quote. Also the bit about him taking an extra couple of weeks out as a precaution!

Not sure what I think of it all myself at this stage but I know that won't go down well at all with a lot of City fans, unfortunately

It shouldn't go down well, vinny's already ostracised himself from a lot of the hierarchy after the previous 'club v country' row.... Time he spoke up rather than third parties.

He wouldn't be going anywhere near the first team if I was in charge, the reality is that the title will probably go down to the last few games, hand on heart, is he going to be giving his all when it's clear the narrative that he holds is the Euros over everything else!!!

I'm made quite uncomfortable by how many of our fans have turned on our captain. I have never, not once, seen this player give anything less than 100% on the pitch. He always applies himself, losses seem to bother him, he applauds the fans and he does right by the club. He's struggled with fitness and as a player has to accept increased competition for his spot because he's been unable to man it but to suggest he's somehow doing the club wrong here really bothers me. If VK, of all players, hasn't earned some benefit of the doubt and goodwill from our fans than I just don't know who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.