Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said.

I feel like I've seen enough of Bony, both at Swansea and in the handful of games he's played for us, to be confident that he'll do well for us in the coming seasons.

It's a very City trait, or maybe just that of the modern football fan, to write players off too quickly.

* Feel free to quote this post if he has a dreadful season for us
I personally wasn't massively impressed with him in the few games he appeared for us last season he didn't seem to fit the way we play. One thing I will say though was @tolmie's hairdoo did state at the time he was being bought for this season and how we are now looking to set up to me is more like Swansea and I expect him to thrive in a lone striker set up with sterling, silva and de Bruyne creating for him he will score above 20 goals easy.
I'm expecting around 60 goals from are 3 strikers with Kun getting 30+ hopefully and if nacho can get to double figures it would be a great season.

He will hold the ball up a lot better than Dzeko ever did,and has some shot on him as well,but that's not me having a dig at Dzeko,although I ain't too fussed he's gone to be honest,but it's down to Bony now to score as many or even more than Dzeko did for us

I think Bony is going to be a massive player for us, technically he's brilliant, a perfect foil for Aguero, and due to playing at Swansea is used to intricate football. Will suit us more than Dzeko.

He's only played 336 minutes of football with us, scoring 2 and assisting 1 in that time. 336 minutes is less than 4 full matches. So, imo, that's not a bad start at all.

The most telling statistic here is "less than 4 full matches".

Don't wish to be negative though. I can see him making a real contribution this season.

Can those that were slagging him off now see what he brings to the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.