Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was impressed. He held the ball up excellent, allowing us to get further up the pitch, and did well to combat Lescott and Dawson. He's not fully fit, but considering it was an impressive performance.

I did, and on first look I didn't think he gave us that much. Not for a team with the amount of domination and posession we had at the very least. As I've only seen the game once however admittedly I might not have called it right which is why I'd like to see some clips, as it stands I'll go with my own judgement over yours and still think that he didn't give us a great deal as he wasn't fully fit

Come back to me when you've watched it a second time then.

He was excellent last night. His control, strength and aerial ability will be a big weapon for us. Major upgrade on Dzeko for me.

I did, and on first look I didn't think he gave us that much. Not for a team with the amount of domination and posession we had at the very least. As I've only seen the game once however admittedly I might not have called it right which is why I'd like to see some clips, as it stands I'll go with my own judgement over yours and still think that he didn't give us a great deal as he wasn't fully fit

Mate, he was really good. He did all of the little things that Dzeko struggled with; held up the ball, challenged for headers and played some nice little intricate passes in tight areas which allowed Silva and Yaya to play in pockets and be fluid in their movements.

Last night was the first time that I could see why we paid so much for him.

Thought he was excellent last night. Some great touches and he looked sharp. Got some shots on goal from tight situations with a great touch and some good movement. He made himself available all game long and allowed Silva and Yaya to do their thing. He got a good assist and had a good game considering he hasn't had a full pre-season. The goals will definitely come, you can see that he will score a lot. West Brom were compact at the back and he still had a few chances but because of his presence they couldn't cope with Silva or the movement out wide.

Quite suprised i'm in the minority that thought he was pretty average last night. Held the ball up well and won a few headers, maybe we have low expectations after Dzeko. Plenty more to come from Wilfried and if you fancy it hes 33/1 for top scorer

Thought he did okay to be fair and held the ball up well when required. Still looks fat and overweight and thought he should have at least buried 1 of his chances. So Jury still out and a lot still to do to explain that £25M price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.