Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan.

I used to slate Tevez for playing with his head down and I don't see why Bony shouldn't get it as well.

Greedy cnut looking for his own glory. At least, Kelechi played for the team and I felt bad he didn't really get a shot off today.

Hope Pellers recognises what happened today.

He will but he will be taking all the blame for other players who play shit

Doubt that hec(Kelechi) will be here. Notwithstanding, the past two seasons surely have burst the myth that Txiki and Pellegrini give chances to youth players.

Poor not passing at the end but our most dangerous player for the most part including the flick on for Sterling.

Those shots will start going in sooner or later, as they did at Swansea, & it will be spectacular when it clicks for him. Good thing is he doesn't hide even in the face of whinging wankers. Strikers who do that, fail. Those who keep going almost always succeed.
Fully agree, too many people are looking for a like-for-like Aguero replacement, but he offers things Aguero doesn't, whilst obviously falling well short in some areas. With us only playing one up front in big games, we're not going to get another world class striker to sit on the bench for most of the season. Bony is a decent back up who offers us another way of playing. Some parts of his game aren't at 100% but his lack of preseason and injury problems should mean we can cut him a bit of slack. Let's give him at least a full season before writing him off.

Fully agree, too many people are looking for a like-for-like Aguero replacement, but he offers things Aguero doesn't, whilst obviously falling well short in some areas. With us only playing one up front in big games, we're not going to get another world class striker to sit on the bench for most of the season. Bony is a decent back up who offers us another way of playing. Some parts of his game aren't at 100% but his lack of preseason and injury problems should mean we can cut him a bit of slack. Let's give him at least a full season before writing him off.

Spot on.

It's simple, you won't be singled out if you produce good performances. Navas has and you don't see him being singled out. Simple fact is Bony is crap. You can try beat around the bush all you want but he isn't a fraction of the player that Aguero is and, as long as he's our main striker, our performances won't be near its full potential.

You make the same mistake as many by comparing him to Aguero. No one can replace him. No one can replace Messi at Barca or ladyboy at Real etc.
Furthermore people forget Bony hardly has played a string of games since the Africacup and lacks rythme.
May l also mention l would like to see Bony play with Silva and KDB in the team.
I agree Bony has lots to improve. I think he is an improvement to Dzeko in his style of play. But again he needs 2 or 3 seasons to be even compared to Dzeko. However it's the same poor treatment by fans for both players. Iheanacho clearly a fans favorite will have more credit in every way. That's ok as well. But harsh for putting whatever Bony is doing under a microscope.

I have been a fan but with every passing game his limitations are more and more exposed because he can't do the simple things right?

I think he would get a lot more slack if he actually switched on a bit more and stopped trying to take the leather off the ball.

Aguero's finishing prior to his suddem burst of form, was worse than Bony's & he wouldn't have passed either.

He's shit, selfish and lazy... I didn't like all that running away from his teammates and pointing to his name business on Wednesday night.

His performances are holding us back considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.