Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
he did try a lot , few chances left for him I am afraid with kun hopefully back by internationals

I really rated Bony before we signed him, I actually remember I wanted him before we were even linked with him, but I've been very disappointed with his performances, today was another bad game I think, poor finishing and he seemed very selfish, there was a situation where Sterling and Yaya was completely unmarked, but instead of passing the ball, he took a poor touch, and got tackled. He seriously has to improve, if he want to have a future in our team, and I'm not making him a scape goat, that's the honest truth from a fan who really rated Bony.

Worse forward since Jo.

Absolute clown and it was criminal taking Kelechi off instead of that muppet.

You make the same mistake as many by comparing him to Aguero. No one can replace him. No one can replace Messi at Barca or ladyboy at Real etc.
Furthermore people forget Bony hardly has played a string of games since the Africacup and lacks rythme.
May l also mention l would like to see Bony play with Silva and KDB in the team.
I agree Bony has lots to improve. I think he is an improvement to Dzeko in his style of play. But again he needs 2 or 3 seasons to be even compared to Dzeko. However it's the same poor treatment by fans for both players. Iheanacho clearly a fans favorite will have more credit in every way. That's ok as well. But harsh for putting whatever Bony is doing under a microscope.

None of us like criticising our own players. That's the mistake you make. I'd love to sing Bony's praises and if starts doing well, I'll be the first to say so. Right now, however, I really don't see how he is much of an asset to our side and see nothing that suggests he is anything more than a mid-table striker similar to the likes of Pappis Cisse.

Difference between Dzeko and Bony is simple; who'd you rather a 90th minute chance to fall to to win the game? I know who'd I rather it fall to. While Dzeko had courted criticism in the past for being frustrating at times, he produced the goods with important goals for us and proved his worth, Bony hasn't.

Let's compare a proper big man pre-injury Negredo with Bony and then you see a clear difference. Negredo could do everything that Bony could do and more and that was the reason he was a fans favourite. Bony has proven nothing and from all we've seen from him, he's been a flop signing.

He's shit, selfish and lazy... I didn't like all that running away from his teammates and pointing to his name business on Wednesday night.

His performances are holding us back considerably.

Because he held onto the ball today doesn't make him selfish. That's grossly unfair. Since he signed, Bony has been a very unselfish striker, much less selfish than Aguero. He is a bit anxious about not scoring enough & let it get the better of him later on today, but that is not typical of Bony, at all.

Aguero's finishing prior to his suddem burst of form, was worse than Bony's & he wouldn't have passed either.

People seem to forget that Aguero is usually pretty poor for a few games until he gets up to speed and his finishing in the first games of the season was pretty poor. Bony had pretty much no pre season and malaria. We just have to be a bit patient with him and I'm sure he'll prove his worth.

None of us like criticising our own players. That's the mistake you make. I'd love to sing Bony's praises and if starts doing well, I'll be the first to say so. Right now, however, I really don't see how he is much of an asset to our side and see nothing that suggests he is anything more than a mid-table striker similar to the likes of Pappis Cisse.

Difference between Dzeko and Bony is simple; who'd you rather a 90th minute chance to fall to to win the game? I know who'd I rather it fall to. While Dzeko had courted criticism in the past for being frustrating at times, he produced the goods with important goals for us and proved his worth, Bony hasn't.

Let's compare a proper big man pre-injury Negredo with Bony and then you see a clear difference. Negredo could do everything that Bony could do and more and that was the reason he was a fans favourite. Bony has proven nothing and from all we've seen from him, he's been a flop signing.

You set up a decent reason that forms your opinion up until the last sentence. Pity. And sad.
As for Dzeko ... compare Bony after 2 or 3 seasons. At this moment you can not. Simple.

Because he held onto the ball today doesn't make him selfish. That's grossly unfair. Since he signed, Bony has been a very unselfish striker, much less selfish than Aguero. He is a bit anxious about not scoring enough & let it get the better of him later on today, but that is not typical of Bony, at all.
Perhaps in hindsight 'selfish' is a bit unfair.

But it doesn't excuse poor decision-making and incoherent link up with the rest of the team and our system.

None of us like criticising our own players.
2844132f3c68eeb36809d302d8d75108_400x400.png

You set up a decent reason that forms your opinion up until the last sentence. Pity. And sad.
As for Dzeko ... compare Bony after 2 or 3 seasons. At this moment you can not. Simple.
So what has he proven to you right now. At this stage can be classed as anything but a flop? I'm more than hopeful that that changes but right now, we can't say any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.