Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know where you're coming from about changing the squad, mate. But Its not a case of throwing on 2 strikers for more goals. Imo, it would be good too start with both Bony and Aguero just to give that pairing more playing time and if we see the game out, Sub Aguero, keep Bony on, change back to what looks like our formation for the season and give him a full game for confidence. Don't think it would be the end of the world to maybe give Delph a start either for the same reason.

The winning formula won't be changed too much with 2 maybe 3 players being swapped out of the line up we've been using for the last 3 games to give the likes of Delph and Bony more game time.
Sorry mate but we saw exactly where sticking with 442 got us last season until we changed to the current formation. Why would you want us to regress to what didn't work for us last season?

I'll refer you to the great man's quote which was perfectly applicable to Pellegrini and 442 last season for the most part:

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results........ Albert Einstein

Even Pellers has seen the folly of his former ways.......

Sorry mate but we saw exactly where sticking with 442 got us last season until we changed to the current formation. Why would you want us to regress to what didn't work for us last season?

I'll refer you to the great man's quote which was perfectly applicable to Pellegrini and 442 last season for the most part:

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results........ Albert Einstein

Even Pellers has seen the folly of his former ways.......
We did win the league playing with this formation but I take your point, The formula atm is certainly been faultless so far without doubt. Our style has changed and I appreciate that So it wouldn't be a suprise if we kept it the same, i'd be happy with that naturally but I was just thinking about building game time for the players that aren't 1st choice and maybe adapting say bony to the same formation as a lone striker if we chose to rest aguero or bring him on second half for the watford game.

Not the time to change formation or take 3 pts for granted. Continuity is key

Get the game won before making big changes

We did win the league playing with this formation but I take your point, The formula atm is certainly been faultless so far without doubt. Our style has changed and I appreciate that So it wouldn't be a suprise if we kept it the same, i'd be happy with that naturally but I was just thinking about building game time for the players that aren't 1st choice and maybe adapting say bony to the same formation as a lone striker if we chose to rest aguero or bring him on second half for the watford game.
Mate, once the CL games start and we get into the thick of the League Cup, there'll be ample opportunities for all the squad. What with injuries, suspensions, loss of form and players just needing a rest everyone will get game time, but in no way should we return to 442 just to give a few players a run out.

Fernandinho is already on 3 yellows, so Delph will soon get a start as will Bony, Kelechi and Clichy. After the start we've made I reckon there would be a riot in the stands and a mutiny in the dressing room if we returned to that dreadful 442 any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.