Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Wilf will be fantastic for us. On Monday night he provided a completely different head ache for WBA who had some very experienced defenders. He can come short, hold the ball up and let others run off him. He can push players back into the box and be dangerous in and around the box.

He can win flick ons turning defence into attack quickly or hold up an wait for others to get involved.

The signings of Bony & Sterling have offered us more than a plan B. A plan B and C. I was a Dzeko fan, but I think Bony offers us so much more. I doubt he'll get the goals per minutes of Dzeko but will offer us so much more.

It was visible Monday night that Hart could and would look long at Bony and Sterling would be feeding off him. Then we had an example of his hold up play for Ya Ya's second goal.

I personally think he's a fantastic acquisition and the addition of De Bruyne hopefully and we'll have more than one string to our bow.

Edin first touch would have sent it back up as high
It was a nice control by Bony, but that's not a very difficult thing to do under no pressure - I'm a crap 48 year-old and I can do that at least half the time when I'm messing about with my son. Reminds me of that outside of the foot pass by Negredo last season that had everyone drooling - that specific pass was a nice one, but the idea that hitting the ball with the outside of your foot is particularly difficult is laughable.

I was much more impressed by Bony's technically unimpressive 2 yard pass to Yaya on Monday, which showed good awareness and set up the crucial 2nd goal.

And for those who still insist on comparing every perceived Bony strength with a perceived Dzeko weakness; I hope you're right, because if he's so superior in every way, he'll obviously score a lot more goals, and if he scores more than about a goal every game and a half (playing time), like Dzeko has in the Premier League over the last 4.5 years, then we have a fantastic few years ahead of us.

I think Wilf will be fantastic for us. On Monday night he provided a completely different head ache for WBA who had some very experienced defenders. He can come short, hold the ball up and let others run off him. He can push players back into the box and be dangerous in and around the box.

He can win flick ons turning defence into attack quickly or hold up an wait for others to get involved.

The signings of Bony & Sterling have offered us more than a plan B. A plan B and C. I was a Dzeko fan, but I think Bony offers us so much more. I doubt he'll get the goals per minutes of Dzeko but will offer us so much more.

It was visible Monday night that Hart could and would look long at Bony and Sterling would be feeding off him. Then we had an example of his hold up play for Ya Ya's second goal.

I personally think he's a fantastic acquisition and the addition of De Bruyne hopefully and we'll have more than one string to our bow.
good post ,

One of unsung heroes vs Chelsea. Held the ball well, slowed the game down when necessary - worth every penny. Even if he never scores for us, he adds so much through his mere presence on the pitch, holding the ball, opening the space for others.

Hope he starts on Saturday. It would be great to see how 442 works with Bony and Sergio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.