Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite amazing the number of people who were happy to see Dzeko leave and this guy come in. I don't blame Bony though, our transfer dealings have been woeful the past few years.We're just not buying the right players for the way that we play, even less so if Pep does come. We're gonna need an almighty clear out if he is our manager one day.

I remember when we signed him I made a point of watching the ACON and saw all his failings in that tournament. Lack of movement, laziness even the Swansea forums on his transfer pointed to these traits and the unpredictability of his performance.

There is no doubt he has the odd sublime touch and moment but at our level you cannot flicker ever so often it has to be on a consistent basis. Hence the reason Johnson, Balo etc are no longer with us.

It is difficult to have much sympathy because even though he is not playing well he has not tried to impact on the game by working hard, closing down at least showing he wants to actually do well.

Not all his fault as he was a poor signing and was never going to fit in the way we play. It is difficult to understand what the scouting team saw in him.

Slept on the performance yesterday but even this morning, im struggling to see what Bony is ever going to bring to the party?

I thought we had signed a real goal scorer who was both strong and technically gifted on the ball and in a side like ours he would be very good indeed but so far he looks anything but.

One thing we have to remember is he is coming off the back of a bout of malaria which will fuck someone up big time and he has also had his injuries but if he is playing, then im going to assume he is 100% fit and his performances have been nothing short of woeful on the whole with the odd goal thrown in still.

He really has to improve and fast.

Slept on the performance yesterday but even this morning, im struggling to see what Bony is ever going to bring to the party?

I thought we had signed a real goal scorer who was both strong and technically gifted on the ball and in a side like ours he would be very good indeed but so far he looks anything but.

One thing we have to remember is he is coming off the back of a bout of malaria which will fuck someone up big time and he has also had his injuries but if he is playing, then im going to assume he is 100% fit and his performances have been nothing short of woeful on the whole with the odd goal thrown in still.

He really has to improve and fast.

Bony was as woeful yesterday as the service he didn't receive.

Bony was as woeful yesterday as the service he didn't receive.

No doubt mate, even Kun would have struggled but still, his general play, movement, positioning, pace, control, hold up is just not good enough right now and he has to apply himself if he is ever going to make it with us.

His lack of work rate was apparent even before his malaria. He has it in his locker but rarely shows it. Struggling to see him here next year without a huge change. He's had plenty of games but still looks like he doesn't fit.

This is 100% Pelle mistake , last season he did not give Edin last 10 games 5 min to play, making him to go away and for what ? 14 mill FFS. Pelle chose Bony and not just that he chose Bony and said I dont need Edin and here we are.And Mangala , Garcia , Savic , Nastasic , Fernando,ect ec , God knows how much we spend on this players .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.