Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was certainly an improvement from his disgraceful displays of late. But then again he was against a three man defence who were that knackered even Stephen Hawking could have made gaps in them. Still hasn't shown enough to start above Kelechi and should be dropped to the bench and made to fight for his position and more importantly the shirt.

Still total dog shit and we should try and get some of money back sooner rather than later.
You could have done better.

Well it was certainly an improvement from his disgraceful displays of late. But then again he was against a three man defence who were that knackered even Stephen Hawking could have made gaps in them. Still hasn't shown enough to start above Kelechi and should be dropped to the bench and made to fight for his position and more importantly the shirt.

Still total dog shit and we should try and get some of money back sooner rather than later.
A bit harsh. Not one of his biggest fans but I thought he done well when he came on last night and deserves a bit of credit. As I have said before not sure if he has a future at City but still may score a few important goals for us this season

A bit harsh. Not one of his biggest fans but I thought he done well when he came on last night and deserves a bit of credit. As I have said before not sure if he has a future at City but still may score a few important goals for us this season

Spot on.

I am not desperate for him to fail he has already succeed at that. Don't be confused with a good 20min cameo against I quote from Joe Hart "a tired team after Bayern Munich game" that he is the answer. He is far from it and his goal came from a shot 0 yards out which would have hit the corner flag if not for the rebound of the defender. Thankfully though he and us got a bit of luck and he managed to put it in an open net.

Not good enough for us and never will be. But now that you have no excuses and lies for his bad performances to fall back on keep grasping that last moments of hope.

Good for you, let's not give the lad a full season, hell lets not even give him 4 games uninsured in a row. Let's ignore ACON, injuries, family tragedies, malaria and a glaring drop off in team performance. Our four best perforamnces this season, WBA away, Chelsea home, Seville away and last night's second half. Bony has played a sizeable part in those games.

The idiocy in your post is astounding, suggesting Bony needs time to regain fitness after a life threatening virus is lies, yet two 19 year olds and a 25 year old are so tired they couldn't mark Steven Hawkings isn't? 60 minutes football will result in such a regression in performance yet Maleria won't? Ok bud.

"Not good enough for us and never will be. But now that you have no excuses and lies for his bad performances to fall back on keep grasping that last moments of hope." 50 or 15? I know where my money is.

You are still painfully desperate to be vindicated, it's sad.

Can't fault his impact last night - two assists and a goal will hopefully do his confidence the world of good.

Completely useless lump of shit. Absolute donkey

Didnt look much of a "donkey" when he spun Kompany and rifled in a pile driver from distance which had Hart clawing at fresh air at Swansea a couple of years ago....a brillian t goal from a man at the top of his game.A man , who at the time had very little by the way of injury problems.What followed later was a non stop barrage of games in the prem fa cup league cup world cup ACON pre season friendlies across the globe and a number of niggling injuries which prevented him from having a sustained run in our team, followed by a bout of Malaria.I,d like to see you catch Malaria in the summer and turn out in the Autumn playing in the premier league-maybe the lad needed an extended rest to get his full fitness up,but couldn.t as Manchester City fc deemed it appropiate to start this season with only two other strikers in our squad, on e in jury prone, another a kid.i suppose that was Bonys fault.Ever considered that this proud man decided to put his body on the line to help us this season, when other, lesser characters would have cried off?

Wilfred Bony is not a useless lump of shit....outscoring Sergio throughout the year in 2014 suggests different.
Neither is he, as some other poster called him, a "lazy twat"
It sickens me to hear the abuse we give our own players, all wrapped up in the brilliant excuse " Ive been following City for 50 years and i,m entitled to my opinion".Fine. but abusing our own players is hardly beneficial. And you wouldn,t call him that to his face...would you??
Cowardly, inaccurate and uncalled for.

And for the the older posters who raise the 50 years argument, you should remember what crowd abuse did to Ian Bowyer, an unsung here who scored a number of important goals for City, but was never appreciated due to the more popular, high profile players at our club in the late 60s and early 70s...Bowyer was hounded out and ended up winning the title and two European Cups in the late 70s, just as City began our slow descent into nothingness..perhaps the older posters were involved in the personal abuse this hard working unsung product of our youth team got ......Bowyer got his own back, there is one goal he smashed past Corrigan at the city ground where he can be seen running back to the half way line laughing his bollocks off....

I sincerely hope Wilfred Bony has the last laugh too, Well played last night Bony, hope you regain full match fitness and go on to do yourself justice,you have at every other club you have played for in your career, albeit after a period of adjustment and a difficult settling in period.When you read what challenges the man has faced in getting to where he is today,you will understand his own view that "i do not fail at anything i put my mind to"

Last edited:
Good for you, let's not give the lad a full season, hell lets not even give him 4 games uninsured in a row. Let's ignore ACON, injuries, family tragedies, malaria and a glaring drop off in team performance. Our four best perforamnces this season, WBA away, Chelsea home, Seville away and last night's second half. Bony has played a sizeable part in those games.

The idiocy in your post is astounding, suggesting Bony needs time to regain fitness after a life threatening virus is lies, yet two 19 year olds and a 25 year old are so tired they couldn't mark Steven Hawkings isn't? 60 minutes football will result in such a regression in performance yet Maleria won't? Ok bud.

"Not good enough for us and never will be. But now that you have no excuses and lies for his bad performances to fall back on keep grasping that last moments of hope." 50 or 15? I know where my money is.

Agree a lot with what you're saying and your reply is pointed at someone no matter what Bony does, it's in his system to see Bony as a failure.
Yet despite circumstances I expect more from Bony than he has been showing so far. It's not that he is not matchfit as he has had plenty of minutes to gain this and show his worth. Maybe we should judge him in May, like every other player for that matter. Too early to say he's worth the money or to say he's a flop. Unfortunately with football it's about opinions on a daily basis and most are just copying what the media says.

Yep.

He clearly is a good footballer. That should not be up for debate (by anyone with more than half a brain).

Questions about fitness, energy, form, does he fit into the system, etc are worth discussing however.

In my opinion he struggles to fit in to a 4-3-3 at times, can hold on to the ball too long, and needs to be on his toes more. However he offers something different (in a good way) to the other options we have and can have an impact if we play to his strengths.

Yep.

He clearly is a good footballer. That should not be up for debate (by anyone with more than half a brain).

Questions about fitness, energy, form, does he fit into the system, etc are worth discussing however.

In my opinion he struggles to fit in to a 4-3-3 at times, can hold on to the ball too long, and needs to be on his toes more. However he offers something different (in a good way) to the other options we have and can have an impact if we play to his strengths.

No issue with fans questioning his importance/use to the side. No real issue with fans wanting an upgrade or to give Oheanacho a chance.

Have no time for idiotic name calling.

I don't think he's had a chance to get up to full speed yet. He hadn't had a sustained run in the team, certainly not an inform team.
He showed himself to be very good at Swansea, as one poster has said, he looked pretty sharp turnng VK like a school boy and smashing it home.

I have no idea weather he will be a long term success, personally I doubt he will reach what's expected, but will score and play a very big part for us, much like Dzeko did. I think whilst he doesn't suit us perfectly, he does so more than Edin. You can see when Bony is sharp he betters Dzeko in near attributes, I'd give Edin the nod at positioning and possibly finishing.

Dzeko and Aguero to a lesser extent take time, need a run of games to get up to speed. Aguero often looks rusty for 2/3 games and he has a near telepathic understanding with Ya Ya and Silva. I personally belive Bony deserves time to adapt to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.