Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt look much of a "donkey" when he spun Kompany and rifled in a pile driver from distance which had Hart clawing at fresh air at Swansea a couple of years ago....a brillian t goal from a man at the top of his game.A man , who at the time had very little by the way of injury problems.What followed later was a non stop barrage of games in the prem fa cup league cup world cup ACON pre season friendlies across the globe and a number of niggling injuries which prevented him from having a sustained run in our team, followed by a bout of Malaria.I,d like to see you catch Malaria in the summer and turn out in the Autumn playing in the premier league-maybe the lad needed an extended rest to get his full fitness up,but couldn.t as Manchester City fc deemed it appropiate to start this season with only two other strikers in our squad, on e in jury prone, another a kid.i suppose that was Bonys fault.Ever considered that this proud man decided to put his body on the line to help us this season, when other, lesser characters would have cried off?

Wilfred Bony is not a useless lump of shit....outscoring Sergio throughout the year in 2014 suggests different.
Neither is he, as some other poster called him, a "lazy twat"
It sickens me to hear the abuse we give our own players, all wrapped up in the brilliant excuse " Ive been following City for 50 years and i,m entitled to my opinion".Fine. but abusing our own players is hardly beneficial. And you wouldn,t call him that to his face...would you??
Cowardly, inaccurate and uncalled for.

And for the the older posters who raise the 50 years argument, you should remember what crowd abuse did to Ian Bowyer, an unsung here who scored a number of important goals for City, but was never appreciated due to the more popular, high profile players at our club in the late 60s and early 70s...Bowyer was hounded out and ended up winning the title and two European Cups in the late 70s, just as City began our slow descent into nothingness..perhaps the older posters were involved in the personal abuse this hard working unsung product of our youth team got ......Bowyer got his own back, there is one goal he smashed past Corrigan at the city ground where he can be seen running back to the half way line laughing his bollocks off....

I sincerely hope Winifred Bony has the last laugh too, Well played last night Bony, hope you regain full match fitness and go on to do yourself justice,you have at every other club you have played for in your career, albeit after a period of adjustment and a difficult settling in period.When you read what challenges the man has faced in getting to where he is today,you will understand his own view that "i do not fail at anything i put my mind to"

Tremendous post. I'm fucking sick of hearing how shit so many of our players are when they are clearly not shit at all. The vitriolic bile that sometimes accompanies those comments are nothing short of a disgrace. Bony is clearly a very good player that, for reasons mainly beyond his control, hasn't had chance to show his true quality with us so far. I'm sure it will come together for him eventually and we'll reap the benefits of that.

I just wish his work rate was up there with Kun's !
No doubt he will score goals, he's a big guy so I suppose his speed around the pitch suffers. He does get lots of chances and a player of his quality should be putting them away, we cannot afford not to put these chances away, teams are getting wise to us and deny the space behind their defence or just turn up with a fleet of buses.
He is certainly a quality player as has been shown, the passion he showed after scoring looks like he wants to be here too.

Tremendous post. I'm fucking sick of hearing how shit so many of our players are when they are clearly not shit at all. The vitriolic bile that sometimes accompanies those comments are nothing short of a disgrace. Bony is clearly a very good player that, for reasons mainly beyond his control, hasn't had chance to show his true quality with us so far. I'm sure it will come together for him eventually and we'll reap the benefits of that.

Love it when players prove us fans wrong. Hope Bony Wilfred gets a hat full now for City. He looked delighted with his goal even though he played a one-two with the defender.

Played really well last night when he came on. He did really well for Sterling's second goal with a good show of power and skill to push past and then nutmeg the defender. Hopefully his performances are on the up!

Bony isn't a bad player, he would be a really good striker for most teams. However I don't think he and City fit, but no denying he had a great effect on the game last night.

Bony isn't a bad player, he would be a really good striker for most teams. However I don't think he and City fit, but no denying he had a great effect on the game last night.

He makes sense if we have a world class player in between him and Aguero in the pecking order. Even then, it's a bit of a misfit and you have to be working under the theory that having a different type of striker can be useful in the long season where maybe plan A isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.