Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bony has improved of late but he is just not going to make the grade at our club. He might look great on youtube doing his party pieces, but his positional sense is woeful at times. When you look at the boy Ineacho and the positions he gets into he is light years ahead of him at such as tender age. The problem is that you can't coach this into him he has to go come the end of the season end of.

The two are completely different players.
Bony,s positonal sense has enabled him to score a shed load of goals in the prem so i doubt it really is "woeful"..his recent record of 5/6 goals in 8 starts and being joint top assist maker in the Chumps league suggests his positional play is on a higher level than you have managed to notice.

Each club he has played for he has struggled, intially, to find his feet..he is quite candid about that himself..having played, and lived in at least four diff countries and learned four diff languages, he has shown an appitude for settling into new,challenging surroundings and proving his worth on each occasion.
Thats what determined,bold characters do...he could easily have stayed at Swansea and continued his near hero status down there( Did you hear the reception he got when coming onto the field of play at Swansea last season?...a hugely popular and respected footballer in South Wales.)..yes he has taken a step up, and looked sluggish at times this season, but his link up play with Yaya at Westbrom, his link up play with Silva towards the end of last season and his all round display against the likes of Sevilla suggest that its a bit harsh to say, at this stage " he is just not going to make the grade at our club"

Racist alert.

43ddDwa.jpg

He might not be flying high at the moment but scoring in back to back games this might be Bonys start of getting on a scoring run. His confidence must be improving big time. I think against Arsenal at the weekend a fully fit Bony will cause the Gunners all sorts of problems wouldnt shock me if he gets a goal in the game too.

He might not be flying high at the moment but scoring in back to back games this might be Bonys start of getting on a scoring run. His confidence must be improving big time. I think against Arsenal at the weekend a fully fit Bony will cause the Gunners all sorts of problems wouldnt shock me if he gets a goal in the game too.

I'd start kelechi, but the manager won't. Kelechi or bony vs mertersacker? It's a no brainer.

Bony just isn't a good fit in this city team,his lack of movement Inc, pressing defenders.Just don't see him or us progressing with him leading the line.

It's like watching Frank Bruno up front,do you know what I mean Harry !

I don't think he's particularly good but I do think he's scored 7 goals so far this season and if he finished on 14 from a second striker it's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.