Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, good post.
Nacho brings pace and bags of energy and your right that he would do well against less mobile defenders.
As for KDB in the middle, we have struggled in the past with Silva in a wide position. He doesn’t really stick to any position and drifts in from the side, this can cause problems when teams break. For that reason Silva is preferred in the middle and so far we have used Sterling and Navas in wide positions who are more disciplined defensively and as a result we are a much more solid team this year. KDB is an outstanding attacking midfielder but we do need to keep some shape about the team.

Maybe I'm being bias but.. Benteke/Lukaku for me are no better than Bony, just about level I would say, Lukaku could likely become better but currently I wouldn't take him over Bony. Kane has had one good season, no way is he better than Bony at the moment, same as Lukaku he is young & could become better but not currently. Sanchez is a winger & doesn't play at striker for Arsenal, so would remove him from the equation anyway assuming we're comparing strikers. Giroud is not better, Giroud is an echo of Dzeko & I absolutely prefer Bony to Dzeko.

For me in that list you have Aguero/Costa who are better, Benteke arguably on a par & Lukaku/Kane with potential but not currently better than him.

We're lucky to have him as a back up, lets see what he can do tonight.

I agree with this... I don't think there is much in it between Bony, Benteke and Lukaku.

We are so lucky to have Bony as our back up striker.

When he joined us he didn't stop going on about how he wanted to play in the champions league.... Well tonight this is a chance to prove how good he is.

With Dzeko gone and Kolarov in good form it was inevitable a new victim would be chosen.

I'm going to say it

We will miss dzeko's goals

I don't think Bony will score as many as Edin did in our title winning seasons. I'm confident that the team with Bony in it could score at least as many though. He's far better at bringing other players into the attack whereas Edin was a bit one dimensional - just very good in that dimension.

Wilf's all round game is brilliant right now, just lacking a goal and he's not really had much to feed off so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.