Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

If we have to change the formation so one player doesn't have to do much defensive work, or in other words let them run past him because he knows there's 2 players behind who might be able to stop them, then it's the player who needs changing not the formation.

Agree with some comments that yaya has been one of our greatest ever players , but i dont think he has the appetite for the bread and butter games like Palace,Burnley etc etc , i wouldnt have him near the team tonight. But we all know MP will not drop yaya ,i just do not think he has the bottle to upset him , but you can guarantee yaya will be up for the derby game , he tends to deliver in the big matches . Although 31 years old , he is still a great player , but we need a manager who is strong , who selects a player on form, effort and overall performance , not on reputation

As nice as it would be to think that Toure's a redeemed character who wants to spend the rest of his days at City, the truth is he's heading the same direction at Tevez and Balo. A one way ticket out of MCFC. Maybe not this summer, maybe we'll eek another season out of him and then let him go cheap cheap when he has a year left on his contract.

mosssideblue said:
Larry Stranger said:
I think it's obvious that Yaya is still vital for us in possession, but defensively it leaves us exposed when we don't have the ball. I don't think the 4-4-2 is the problem because when you play a 4-3-2-1 with Yaya there is still the defensive problems. This leaves Pellegrini with a dilemma. I think it's more of a time for a change of position for Yaya.

It might seem crazy, but I'd put him on the wing in Nasri's position and play Fernando and Fernandinho in central midfield. If you look at Pellegrini's tactics for the 4-4-2 the two central midfielders are more defensive minded and protect the back 4. Something Yaya currently is failing to do. The two so called wingers are inverted and come in centrally ala Silva and Nasri (unless he plays Navas). The width is created by the fullbacks.
When you watch us play Silva and or Nasri are always dropping back when we are pressured and want play out from the back to help start the attack. So essentially playing out from the back it would be more like...

_Aguero__________Bony_
_______Silva______________
____________Yaya__________
_Fernando __Fernandinho_

If Yaya has the ball he can find Silva in space or play the long ball to Bony or Aguero.

When we are pinning the opposition in their own box he would go out wider linking up with the full backs and/or switching and linking with Silva the way Nasri does. This would essentially free him from his defensive duties while the 2 Ferns protect against counters.

Again it might seem crazy, but Messi plays on the right wing for Barca, James Rodriguez plays out wide when he's a no.10. When you think about it Silva and Nasri aren't wingers as well.

Your absolutely spot on.

Its a crazy idea.

Still amazes me that some still want to tweak formations to accommodate a person who hasn't given a shit this season towards club, team mates and fans. If he was busting a gut trying but showing lack of form, he would be forgiven.

What is not forgiveable is the contempt he has shown. For me, he will have played his last match for us this season. Time to move on and to move Yaya on
Reminds me of a certain team that played 2 shit strikers who looked like not giving a shit for half of the season before getting injured, now they're playing much better football.
Now without wishing injury on Yaya I am certain Pelleg is afraid of him and his agent, if he's dropped he might threaten to leave.
What's wrong with the board I don't know, he's done his job, he's had his paychecks heck he's had numerous trophies and moments and was one of the best players for us during those. But he not only has declined but lacks the gut, effort and basic discipline.
I hope Mancini still wants him and inter is ready to pay his wages.

If it wasn't for a lack of having anyone who can play, I would tell yaya his season is finished and he shoukd have a nice break then come back next year fit and prepared to pull his finger out.

He was shambolic tonight. Sure, he scored a belting goal, but that papered over the very visible cracks of a player either in massive decline or just seriously unfit and unmotivated.

His attempts at beating players tonight was just embarrassing. He used to make those runs and no one could live with his power and pace. Tonight he actually tried those runs a few times but didn't get past his second touch before he lost it and then threw himself to the ground.

He only woke up when we were 2-0 down .
He was pathetic .
To me he out to get a cheap move out of City .

Its now getting to the stage where his defensive play is that bad he can only play with two central midfielders behind him. Silva is better in that role. You could even make a case for Nasri. Big calls have to be made this summer and IMO Yaya should be let go

cityisOURS said:
Its now getting to the stage where his defensive play is that bad he can only play with two central midfielders behind him. Silva is better in that role. You could even make a case for Nasri. Big calls have to be made this summer and IMO Yaya should be let go

Agree. We need someone in midfield prepared to graft. It's not like he's showing us many silky skills.
Yeah, i know he scored and was great last season and has scored many important goals for us.
But i believe he upsets the balance of this side and leaves us too open to counter attacks and
looks so fucking half arsed these days. We will not see his halcyon days again. IMO.

He was much better than Silva who was beyond pathetic but hey lets make him the scapegoat once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.