Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

AZUL said:
I f*cking love yaya toure and if I met I'm in an airport I would hug him and weep uncontrollably! for the memories he has given me over the last few years
What he does in the NEXT three years is what now matters, and if he doesn't even want to be here as evidenced last summer then he is of no further use to us. I don't know if you have a job, but anyone who has can tell you that they work better in a job and a place where they are happy rather than just being paid to be there.

ped said:
there are some ruthless b*******ds on here.its a good job the club is run by people who think with the head rather than heart,

Fans who love the club above a player shocker

karen7 said:
If he is committed then keep him and play him further foward or is that too naive of me?
Depends on him wanting to do that here rather than at another club that satisfies his agent. I'm too old to be anything other than a cynic these days, and if he is of further use to us and is quick to demonstrate it over the next eight games, then fair do's, but if not then it will justify the deemed attempts to ship him out.

I'm no cynic said:
karen7 said:
If he is committed then keep him and play him further foward or is that too naive of me?
Depends on him wanting to do that here rather than at another club that satisfies his agent. I'm too old to be anything other than a cynic these days, and if he is of further use to us and is quick to demonstrate it over the next eight games, then fair do's, but if not then it will justify the deemed attempts to ship him out.

It's crunch time i guess,give him a new contract or sell him
I'm not convinced we have a post yaya plan yet although we could be in for some great new signings in the summer.Which ever one it is we can look foward to his agent gobbing off all summer

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2015/04/04/10472702/yaya-toure-set-for-crunch-manchester-city-talks?ICID=HP_HN_HP_RI_0_3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusi ... _HP_RI_0_3</a>

Yaya Toure set for crunch Manchester City talks

Yaya Toure is set for crunch talks over his Manchester City future, Goal can reveal.

Toure's advisers have pencilled in plans to speak to City CEO Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain, with question marks surrounding his future.

Toure, who has two years remaining on his current contract, is keen to stay at the Etihad Stadium and would be open to signing a new deal, with a view to taking up an ambassadorial role in the future.

But at 32-years-old and with a basic wage of £200,000-a-week before bonuses, the midfielder is realistic regarding the prospect of an extension.

Inter remain the club most interested in signing Toure, with former City boss Roberto Mancini publicly declaring his admiration for the Ivory Coast international a number of times since moving to San Siro earlier this season.

Toure is understood to be open to a move to Inter and is willing to drop his wage demands to around £150,000-a-week.

Both City and Toure's camp are hopeful of an amicable parting of the ways should the midfielder leave the club this summer.

Toure voiced his disappointment with City officials last summer after they failed to acknowledge his birthday and he was denied time off to be by the bedside of his brother, Ibrahim, who died of cancer in 2014.

The club is mindful of the incident and does not want to tarnish the reputation of a player who has helped them to win two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup since moving to the Etihad in 2010.

Toure has featured 31 times in all competitions for City this season, scoring nine goals, and was a part of the Ivory Coast side that won the Africa Cup of Nations during the winter.

Here is a list of players whom are older than Yaya and still considered as a important players.

Zalatan 33
Xavi is 35, and two years ago he was nominated for the best player award
Alonso 33
Pirlo 35
Terry 34

My point is Yaya can still be very useful for at least another two years.

The Collossus of Yaya

Imagine it, a giant bronze statue outside the ground, a tribute the most important player in City's best ever team. It would also demand the ground to be changed in name to the Etihad Colosseum.

It would be fitting if elephants were employed transport it to the ground as a nod to Rome and the greatest ever elephant.

He's the best player to ever play for us IMO. If he goes, I will always remember him fondly. If he stays, then he will still do a job for us. Either way I wish him well.

SuperBlu said:
Here is a list of players whom are older than Yaya and still considered as a important players.

Zalatan 33
Xavi is 35, and two years ago he was nominated for the best player award
Alonso 33
Pirlo 35
Terry 34

My point is Yaya can still be very useful for at least another two years.
The point is, your missing the point. Those players still put a shift in and show commitment to their club and team mates. Does Yaya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.