Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Juan King said:
He's the best player to ever play for us IMO. If he goes, I will always remember him fondly. If he stays, then he will still do a job for us. Either way I wish him well.

Fair enough but I think most of us are on tenterhooks whether Yaya is going to show up for the remainder of the season. If he doesn't then were in deep trouble. What gets me he knows he's untouchable and he can basically do as he pleases. I really hope he is determined to prove the critics wrong because he is a wonderful player on his day.

Juan King said:
He's the best player to ever play for us IMO. If he goes, I will always remember him fondly. If he stays, then he will still do a job for us. Either way I wish him well.
Amen to that !

Juan King said:
I agree

mosssideblue said:
SuperBlu said:
Here is a list of players whom are older than Yaya and still considered as a important players.

Zalatan 33
Xavi is 35, and two years ago he was nominated for the best player award
Alonso 33
Pirlo 35
Terry 34

My point is Yaya can still be very useful for at least another two years.
The point is, your missing the point. Those players still put a shift in and show commitment to their club and team mates. Does Yaya?

According to the STATS on whiskered.com , Yaya is 3rd on players perfomances this season after Aguero and Silva.

It doesn't strike me as a positive thing for our morale to keep pleasing a player every week by playing him when players more hungry and more deserving g than him aren't getting a sniff.
The question is what would you do if you're pellegrini?
Keep it as it is or make the tough decision and keep him on the bench for as long as it needs to get his lazy ass moving again for the team.
How long will Pellegrini try that two cm system we will never know. Just play Milner centrally with one proper dm and we will do much better.

Shiekh.I Khalid Saad said:
It doesn't strike me as a positive thing for our morale to keep pleasing a player every week by playing him when players more hungry and more deserving g than him aren't getting a sniff.
The question is what would you do if you're pellegrini?
Keep it as it is or make the tough decision and keep him on the bench for as long as it needs to get his lazy ass moving again for the team.
How long will Pellegrini try that two cm system we will never know. Just play Milner centrally with one proper dm and we will do much better.

Make the tough decision! This is part of MP's job and one of the areas in which he's lacked sense.

I think it's obvious that Yaya is still vital for us in possession, but defensively it leaves us exposed when we don't have the ball. I don't think the 4-4-2 is the problem because when you play a 4-3-2-1 with Yaya there is still the defensive problems. This leaves Pellegrini with a dilemma. I think it's more of a time for a change of position for Yaya.

It might seem crazy, but I'd put him on the wing in Nasri's position and play Fernando and Fernandinho in central midfield. If you look at Pellegrini's tactics for the 4-4-2 the two central midfielders are more defensive minded and protect the back 4. Something Yaya currently is failing to do. The two so called wingers are inverted and come in centrally ala Silva and Nasri (unless he plays Navas). The width is created by the fullbacks.
When you watch us play Silva and or Nasri are always dropping back when we are pressured and want play out from the back to help start the attack. So essentially playing out from the back it would be more like...

_Aguero__________Bony_
_______Silva______________
____________Yaya__________
_Fernando __Fernandinho_

If Yaya has the ball he can find Silva in space or play the long ball to Bony or Aguero.

When we are pinning the opposition in their own box he would go out wider linking up with the full backs and/or switching and linking with Silva the way Nasri does. This would essentially free him from his defensive duties while the 2 Ferns protect against counters.

Again it might seem crazy, but Messi plays on the right wing for Barca, James Rodriguez plays out wide when he's a no.10. When you think about it Silva and Nasri aren't wingers as well.

Larry Stranger said:
I think it's obvious that Yaya is still vital for us in possession, but defensively it leaves us exposed when we don't have the ball. I don't think the 4-4-2 is the problem because when you play a 4-3-2-1 with Yaya there is still the defensive problems. This leaves Pellegrini with a dilemma. I think it's more of a time for a change of position for Yaya.

It might seem crazy, but I'd put him on the wing in Nasri's position and play Fernando and Fernandinho in central midfield. If you look at Pellegrini's tactics for the 4-4-2 the two central midfielders are more defensive minded and protect the back 4. Something Yaya currently is failing to do. The two so called wingers are inverted and come in centrally ala Silva and Nasri (unless he plays Navas). The width is created by the fullbacks.
When you watch us play Silva and or Nasri are always dropping back when we are pressured and want play out from the back to help start the attack. So essentially playing out from the back it would be more like...

_Aguero__________Bony_
_______Silva______________
____________Yaya__________
_Fernando __Fernandinho_

If Yaya has the ball he can find Silva in space or play the long ball to Bony or Aguero.

When we are pinning the opposition in their own box he would go out wider linking up with the full backs and/or switching and linking with Silva the way Nasri does. This would essentially free him from his defensive duties while the 2 Ferns protect against counters.

Again it might seem crazy, but Messi plays on the right wing for Barca, James Rodriguez plays out wide when he's a no.10. When you think about it Silva and Nasri aren't wingers as well.

Your absolutely spot on.

Its a crazy idea.

Still amazes me that some still want to tweak formations to accommodate a person who hasn't given a shit this season towards club, team mates and fans. If he was busting a gut trying but showing lack of form, he would be forgiven.

What is not forgiveable is the contempt he has shown. For me, he will have played his last match for us this season. Time to move on and to move Yaya on

I agree about putting the two ferns behind yaya meaning he doesn't have to as much defensive work. Fernandinho can always push on and join the attack if need be.

SuperBlu said:
mosssideblue said:
SuperBlu said:
Here is a list of players whom are older than Yaya and still considered as a important players.

Zalatan 33
Xavi is 35, and two years ago he was nominated for the best player award
Alonso 33
Pirlo 35
Terry 34

My point is Yaya can still be very useful for at least another two years.
The point is, your missing the point. Those players still put a shift in and show commitment to their club and team mates. Does Yaya?

According to the STATS on whiskered.com , Yaya is 3rd on players perfomances this season after Aguero and Silva.

Further proves my point about stats then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.