Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay or go, either way I would like someone new to fill the position as he's proved that while he can be godly against teams who are hard to break down, when we are on the back foot, especially against elite clubs he can become a hinderance. If he's okay with getting benched and will still put in performances when we need him to, sure he can stay. Whether he'd accept that I have no idea.

Seems like he is staying now. I think it would be better as we need to improve and change imo especially middle of the park but if Yaya stays he will still start nearly 95% of games and we certainly wont bench him.

That means problems remain given his lack of workrate, track back/ pressing ability.

Apart from Inter there is no serious takers for him, either the wages or the fee we want(the market pricing him lower) is too high or both...

If we dont care about pressing that much than we have to give up on high line defence as well, also it would suit Kompany, Zab, Mangala too.

considering it seems like we're only buying attacking players (or linked to) this window and Pelle would have to keep a 4-4-2 to accommodate most of them I'm not sure this is the best news...

If he stays he can never play in a midfield two ever again.

Either behind the striker or as an impact sub off the bench.

Some games he can play in a two, but in the big games you can forget it.

He made a break on Sunday, shrugged of around 6 challenges, took on 4 players, the nearest support player was 15 yards away, the next 20 yards away and behind him. Yaya isn't the problem.

considering it seems like we're only buying attacking players (or linked to) this window and Pelle would have to keep a 4-4-2 to accommodate most of them I'm not sure this is the best news...
It seems to be midfield and attacking midfielders we are linked to, so it suggests more 433 or 4231 than 442 to me, which would suit Yaya better, as we have seen the last few weeks.

Yaya has not performed up to par this past season. All of us are cognizant of that
But why the incessant whinging about his performances this past season is Beyond the Pale.
Considering that a gruelling WC (with not much respite from our last Title winning season in which he was a major contributor & acknowledged as the Best PL midfielder) & ACON campaigns plus our gritty PL campaign will definitely took a big Physical Toll on him.
And grieving the loss of a brother dying of cancer will take a mental toll on most decent folks.

There was and is no need of the HATE, using swearing and or cursing words by calling him ungodly names.
Shame on you Ingrates.

What's good for our Owner and Pellers, and still our manager, is good for me. ;)

Dude, you really got to deal with your issues.

He made a break on Sunday, shrugged of around 6 challenges, took on 4 players, the nearest support player was 15 yards away, the next 20 yards away and behind him. Yaya isn't the problem.

When was the last time her made a break like that? Consistency means your colleagues know what you are doing to do and thus offer support. Guessing what a colleague is going to do leads to not concentrating on other things which risks mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.