Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

I cant believe you lot want rid of our most influential player..

He has not been at his best recently and it looks to me as though he wants to be played in a different position..

We all know he cant do the defensive stuff so why does the manager play him there?

IMO he would be far more effective a little further up and leave the hard slog to players who are suited to that role.

yayas trusty right foot said:
I cant believe you lot want rid of our most influential player..

He has not been at his best recently and it looks to me as though he wants to be played in a different position..

We all know he cant do the defensive stuff so why does the manager play him there?

IMO he would be far more effective a little further up and leave the hard slog to players who are suited to that role.

I have a wild hunch that you may be a tad biased.

He's been a supreme player but his form has been generally poor for most of the season.

Always performed best for us when further up the pitch and this should be considered.
I hope we don't sell him to NYC for £60mil?

fatbloke said:
If anyone wonders why James Milner wants to leave this club, here is your answer.

Toure is picked week in week out for producing performances that are quite frankly disgusting in terms of effort, yet you've got someone sat on the bench prepared to work his socks off for the team who deserves his place and isn't getting a chance.

Either something is written into Toure's contract or Pellegrini needs sacking this morning for continuing to pick a player who has shown for years he isn't prepared to fight when it gets tough.

Amen!

Yaya has been immense for our club , but after a couple of titles and cups , and his african nations cup success , i dont think he has the hunger anymore , to perform week in , week out for MCFC . About time his knobhead agent , acted on his previous veiled threats regarding yaya leaving the club , because based on yaya recent contributions , we wouldnt miss him. But he wont be going to Milan because Italian football is skint , they would want him on loan and expect us to pay half his wages , well Roberto can f*ck off , because it will cost us £50m to replace Yaya .

Nice duck out of the way of Puncheon's free kick yesterday. I guess the good goal makes up for it. - but he is way off the form that made him the best midfielder in the Premier League.

Not his fault that we play a system that exposes his inability to get back after a lung busting attack up the pitch. A system that puts Fernandinho in 1 v 2 and 1 v 3 defensive situations.

BlueAnorak said:
Nice duck out of the way of Puncheon's free kick yesterday. I guess the good goal makes up for it. - but he is way off the form that made him the best midfielder in the Premier League.

Not his fault that we play a system that exposes his inability to get back after a lung busting attack up the pitch. A system that puts Fernandinho in 1 v 2 and 1 v 3 defensive situations.

Yesterday just proves he's not a defensive midfielder and should never be relied on in this role. We can't rely on him to track back against defenders and move the ball up the pitch. This leaves way too much room for a counter attack.

He could be taking shots when he just passes to someone else closer in the box. This doesn't help against teams that park the bus or crowd the box. We need a defensive midfielder behind him and to move him up if we're going to play him.

Manchester_lalala said:
He showed glimpses of his ability last night, but still not enough effort. He should only play behind a striker from now on.

That's probably the only suitable position for him, but that's where Silva should be playing. Silva is our best player. The team needs to built around him, not Yaya.

I always feel better seeing Yaya Toure's name on the team sheet than not. Yet again he conjures up a goal that gave us a sniff of getting a result.

Against the likes of Palace we don't need a defensive midfielder, they created nothing all game. In a team where we are limited in natural goalscorers fans want one of them (Yaya) taken out of the team - and for James Milner of all people !! Now don't get me wrong I love Milner he can do a job for us in certain games but he's not even close to the same class as Yaya. Micheal Carrick & Fabian Delph get in the England team ahead of Milner so if that's who we're looking to rely on to bring back the glory then we really are in trouble.

If anything it demonstrates the small time mentality of some of our fans who seem to mistake any player that runs around George Boyd style for 90 minutes as being a class player.

A great player simply does not go bad overnight, if Yaya is lacking anything at the moment it can be summed up in one word..CONFIDENCE.

It's sad that our own fans seem to be delighting in destroying it along with many other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.